OK - Answer me this...bandwidth drop

Inquisitor

Hi, fellas..

OK, here goes -- One week ago, I visited this site, and many others, testing my bandwidth. Now, since having used the SB5100 for the new digital line the cable company installed (for internet and cabletv), I was getting 4000 mbps on bandwidth tests -- highest being 4700; now, previous to the SB5100, I had a SB3100. I immediately experienced a two-fold increase in bandwidth with the SB5100

Then, on Sunday, it suddenly dropped to below 2000 mbps. Coincidentally or not, this happened after I did some major, or minor, depending on your definition, tinkering.

My question to you is; was this decrease in bandwidth due to the cable company instituting their 2 mbps caps (and they somehow noticed I was cruising at incredible speeds... sometimes experiencing 1 MB bursts, when downloading) -- or, did I mess something up?

Looking forward to your responses.

Hi, fellas..

OK, here goes -- One week ago, I visited this site, and many others, testing my bandwidth. Now, since having used the SB5100 for the new digital line the cable company installed (for internet and cabletv), I was getting 4000 mbps on bandwidth tests -- highest being 4700; now, previous to the SB5100, I had a SB3100. I immediately experienced a two-fold increase in bandwidth with the SB5100

Then, on Sunday, it suddenly dropped to below 2000 mbps. Coincidentally or not, this happened after I did some major, or minor, depending on your definition, tinkering.

My question to you is; was this decrease in bandwidth due to the cable company instituting their 2 mbps caps (and they somehow noticed I was cruising at incredible speeds... sometimes experiencing 1 MB bursts, when downloading) -- or, did I mess something up?

Hi, fellas..

Hi, fellas..

Hi, fellas..

Hi, lorne

I used the TCP Optimizer, and yes, failed to backup my registry. In addition, I modified 'All Network Adapters'. I was messing around with the RWIN / MTU, and everything else. (can't help myself)

Is it possible, that when I modified 'all network adapters', it somehow brought attention to my connection?

Hi, lorne

I used the TCP Optimizer, and yes, failed to backup my registry. In addition, I modified 'All Network Adapters'. I was messing around with the RWIN / MTU, and everything else. (can't help myself)

Is it possible, that when I modified 'all network adapters', it somehow brought attention to my connection?

Hi, lorne

Hi, lorne

Hi, lorne

Unless you were downloading a lot i doubt you called attention to your Conn. It is more likely you changed something in your reg that slowed you down. I bet you will remember to back up your reg from now on eh :lol: You will have to keep playing until you get your speeds back. :wink:

Unless you were downloading a lot i doubt you called attention to your Conn. It is more likely you changed something in your reg that slowed you down. I bet you will remember to back up your reg from now on eh :lol: You will have to keep playing until you get your speeds back. :wink: