Firefox 3 Beta 3 Released

coolbuster2007

Beta Tester here. I have tried it since its release and I have a huge difference on how it stacks up against 2.0 and the original  gran paradiso alpha phases and also beta 1 and 2. The only problem that it does not let you do is on inital startup  where you can open up as many tabs as you want  instead of  it crashing and going back to the last pages viewed.

Speaking about crashing, since Tuesday, Firefox 3 Beta 3 have not suddenly shut down at all  as it does not  take tons of memory  and slows down your machine with just 1 window open.

As for the long run,  expect Firefox 3 Beta 4 to come out in about 2-3 weeks  and then that will be the last of the Beta as it will jump into RC1 and RC2 before making it official by May or June. 

I have been testing Beta programs for several months as I have been reporting errors  whenever I get any. Windows XP SP3 RC2 is my latest  and I only have 1 problem where IE6 doesn't work well with our network with SP3 but works well with SP2,SP1,and SP0

a few  differences as RC1(Build 3241 and 3264) and RC2(Build 3300) both add on to what Vista already supports as an OS:  Multiple Processors. The more cores to the processor, the faster the processing,startup and shut down.

Windows XP SP3 Release Candidate offers a number of enhancements over the current version of the OS. It includes all updates issued since Windows XP Service Pack 2 was released in 2004, and some new elements. Among them: A feature called Network Access Protection that

Not a key difference with RC2  just that  RC1 is 336MB and RC2 is about 315MB.  RC2 fixes any bug problems reported with RC1 and just corrects them.

One key difference is   SP3 works well with Server 2008 as  SP2 works well with Server 2003. Go Figure.

One problem though:  SP3 will only work as of right now until further notice only on 32-bit Windows. So if you have Windows XP 64-bit SP2, it will only install it at 32-bit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roll Up the Updates

SP3 rolls up all previously-released updates into a single package. Microsoft's documentation for SP3 highlights just a few you might have missed (but your system administrator probably didn't):

Microsoft Management Console 3.0 (KB907265)

Microsoft XML 6.0 Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 (KB907265)

BITS 2.5, a service used by Windows Live OneCare and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (KB923845)

WPA2 Wi-Fi Security, the strongest form of WPA security (KB893357

Peer Name Resolution Protocol 2.1, to enable XP SP3 programs that use PNRP to communicate with Vista programs that use PNRP (KB920342)

Other bundled updates include changes to IPSec virtual private networking and a new service for logging into domains (DIMS).

SP1 Users, Rejoice! SP3 Includes SP2 (and SP1)!

Windows XP SP3 includes both SP1 and SP2, so if your system's been under a rock and missed SP2 (or if you're doing a fresh install from an original Windows XP or XP SP1 disc), you can install SP3 anyway. However, you must have SP1 installed to use SP3.

Here's What New in SP3 (Not a Whole Lot, to Be Honest)

SP3 adds the following new features:

"Black Hole" router detection is enabled by default

Support for Network Access Protection (NAP), a feature in Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008

The Security Options dialog in Control Panel now includes an "Explain This Setting" tab to help keep you from making security setting goofs.

Enhanced security for Administrator and Service policy entries in System Center Essentials

New kernel mode Cryptographic driver

No product key needed for SP3 installation; it's requested after installation

Microsoft's been warning XP SP2 users that SP3 wasn't going to include a lot of new functionality - and they were right. Most of the changes in SP3 are not going to be visible to end-users.

I've Got XP x64! Where's My Update?

Windows XP SP3 is for 32-bit versions of Windows only. x64 users should install Windows Server 2003 SP2, which has been around awhile (over a year, in fact).

• 2 weeks later...

When firefox 3 becomes final I will give it a shot. I do have verson 2 on my computer. I myself just use opera.

Have to wait and see what firefox 3 has to offer. Not sure on what changes it will make. I myself dont need a adblocker anymore in a browser. Started using admuncher about 6 months ago. Best 26 bucks I ever spent.