Operational Mode of the Canopy

Jetzone2k8

Hey, canopy gurus what's the difference with Operational Mode and Aim Mode in the Canopy Page? does AIM mean that you should have loine of sight of a base station? BTW I see alot of Cellsites in my area (Parang, Marikina fortune area) can you guys please post Pics of "our" base station because it says in my Canopy Page that i am 4018 ft away from the base station and I see other stations closer than 4 kms :) I don't want anything to go wrong and point at a Globe Cellsite hehehe :)

Hey, canopy gurus what's the difference with Operational Mode and Aim Mode in the Canopy Page? does AIM mean that you should have loine of sight of a base station? BTW I see alot of Cellsites in my area (Parang, Marikina fortune area) can you guys please post Pics of "our" base station because it says in my Canopy Page that i am 4018 ft away from the base station and I see other stations closer than 4 kms :) I don't want anything to go wrong and point at a Globe Cellsite hehehe :)

Are you sure those towers are Smart Towers and if they are, is there an AP module on that tower?

Operational Mode means your SM is operational and AIM Mode means you are not registered with an AP and is using the AIM tool in Canopy to check for avail APs and their respective params.

You'll see in your canopy page something like this:

Session Status : REGISTERED VC 28 Rate 2X/1X

If it says 2x/2x then your AP is in 2x mode.  If it's just 2x/1x then it means your SM is in 2x mode but operating in 1x coz the AP is not 2x capable yet.

If it's 2x/2x then you're on 2x mode.