lcd Monitors, is bigger better.....

ninjageek

I just brought a 24 inch Samsung about a month ago and have no dead pixels.  I never read anything about the amount of dead pixels and the size of the monitor making a different. The only problem I have is with my games. Time for a new video card. :haha:

EDIT- That does sound right the more pixels the more the chance of getting a dead one,just like  RTB  said.

I would look at the quality of manufacturing more then pixel counting.

This is exponential:

800x600 = 480,000 pixels

1400x900 = 1,260,000 pixels

1600x1200 = 1,920,000 pixels

2560x1600 = 4,096,000 pixels

Strictly talking probability your right, but as new monitors come out they are better made.  I play battlefield2 on a widescreen monitor running 1024x768, it makes men a little wider, but hey its a bigger target.  I love the widescreen for having 2 windows open side by side, its like pages of a book. (when running 1400x900)

yes the bigger the monitor, the higher the chance of getting dead pixels. In theory...

But monitors are so good today that you really don't have to worry about it. Every LCD that I have bought has had no dead pixels. And ive just been getting bigger, and bigger. I have a 24" monitor at home, and a 30" at work, with no deal pixels.

Where did you buy your monitor?  I purchased one a while back that had a dead pixel.  I brought it back and exhanged it with no problem. Hopefully the place you got it from has a good exchange/return policy.

I play battlefield2 on a widescreen monitor running 1024x768, it makes men a little wider, but hey its a bigger target.

Did you add the widescreen command to your BF2 shorcut?

The target of the shortcut should look somewhat like this:

"C:Program FilesEA GAMESBattlefield 2BF2.exe" +menu 1 +widescreen 1 +szx 1024 +szy 768

Where did you buy your monitor?  I purchased one a while back that had a dead pixel.  I brought it back and exhanged it with no problem. Hopefully the place you got it from has a good exchange/return policy.

Ive bought all my LCD monitors from Either Newegg, Apple, And 1 at bestbuy.