OK - Answer me this...bandwidth drop

Inquisitor

Hi, fellas..

OK, here goes -- One week ago, I visited this site, and many others, testing my bandwidth. Now, since having used the SB5100 for the new digital line the cable company installed (for internet and cabletv) , I was getting 4000 Mbps on bandwidth tests -- highest being 4700; now, previous to the SB5100, I had a SB3100. I immediately experienced a two-fold increase in bandwidth with the SB5100

Then, on Sunday, it suddenly dropped to below 2000 Mbps. Coincidentally or not, this happened after I did some major, or minor, depending on your definition, tinkering.

My question to you is; was this decrease in bandwidth due to the cable company instituting their 2mbps caps (and they somehow noticed I was cruising at incredible speeds... sometimes experiencing 1MB bursts, when downloading) -- or, did I mess something up?

Looking forward to your responses.

Hi, fellas..

OK, here goes -- One week ago, I visited this site, and many others, testing my bandwidth. Now, since having used the SB5100 for the new digital line the cable company installed (for internet and cabletv) , I was getting 4000 Mbps on bandwidth tests -- highest being 4700; now, previous to the SB5100, I had a SB3100. I immediately experienced a two-fold increase in bandwidth with the SB5100

Then, on Sunday, it suddenly dropped to below 2000 Mbps. Coincidentally or not, this happened after I did some major, or minor, depending on your definition, tinkering.

My question to you is; was this decrease in bandwidth due to the cable company instituting their 2mbps caps (and they somehow noticed I was cruising at incredible speeds... sometimes experiencing 1MB bursts, when downloading) -- or, did I mess something up?

Hi, fellas..

Hi, fellas..

Hi, fellas..

:) As RTB already said the first thing to do would be turn back the hands of time...restore Reg to pre tinkering.That is if you saved a good copy of your registry,there is stuff that can be downloaded to "tweak" you connection and will actually decrease speed by 50% or more so you must be careful even if you made the adjustments by hand.Lets us know what happens or if you need more help post more info.

8) Microwave

:) As RTB already said the first thing to do would be turn back the hands of time...restore Reg to pre tinkering.That is if you saved a good copy of your registry,there is stuff that can be downloaded to "tweak" you connection and will actually decrease speed by 50% or more so you must be careful even if you made the adjustments by hand.Lets us know what happens or if you need more help post more info.

8) Microwave

8) Microwave

8) Microwave

8) Microwave