Remember the old times

netmasta

announce2.gif

June 18, 1997: x2 Technology To Be Made Available to AOL Members in 200 AOLnet Cities read more...

Download the latest AOL software and see what all the fuss is about. AOL 3.0 is even faster and easier to use than before. We're always adding new local access numbers, so check our database for a high-speed connection near you.

AOL 3.0 for Windows 3.x (3.2 megabytes)

AOL 3.0 for Windows 95 (11.4 megabytes)

AOL 3.0 for Macintosh (7.8 megabytes)

tryaol.gif

:)

[edit]

America Online Announces Support for 33.6K Modem Technology

AOL Networks, a subsidiary of America Online, Inc., announced plans to support 33.6 kilobit-per-second (Kbps) high-speed modems in AOLnet -- the world's largest dial-up network. Over 500 access numbers will be upgraded to 33.6 Kbps modems, allowing AOL members with AOL version 3.0 and modems that support 33.6 Kbps to take advantage of these speeds !

rofl

Shit, we could start a whole "ITT We talk about what a shit service AOL is". And they make it difficult to get rid of too.Once they got you on the phone, "Oh, how about I give you a free month to change your mind" blah blah blah. Just cut me off bitch, I already uninstalled that ad ridden software.

I'd just a soon hook up to the net with some string and cans before I'd EVER consider those bastards.

.......but I'm not bitter.. :whaa:

Screw AO hell they freaking ripped me off for like 3 months that were supposed to be free because everytime I called to cancell they told me they would give me another month so I stayed for several months then got a bill for like 100 dollars or something and I called them and they said I got the dates wrong or something and said there was nothing they could do!!! I said a few bad words serveral times to them!!! And finally we had the bill done to 3 months so we paid it they screwed us out of our money f%^$#^5ers!!!!

Shit, we could start a whole "ITT We talk about what a shit service AOL is". And they make it difficult to get rid of too.Once they got you on the phone, "Oh, how about I give you a free month to change your mind" blah blah blah. Just cut me off bitch, I already uninstalled that ad ridden software.

I'd just a soon hook up to the net with some string and cans before I'd EVER consider those bastards.

:-P L0L I can tell your not bitter....  :haha:

8) Microwave

Oh, yea those things. The're called floppy disks I think :D lol Now all we need to find is a 5 1/4 inch disk version, if such a thing exsists.

I used to have 12" floppys... if I look hard enough I might be able to find 'em --- lol -- I have a few 5 1/4" for sure :)

ahhh... the bad 'ol days  :evil1:

qlinkDisk8-04.jpg

Before AOL:

Q-Link disk

Q-Link was AOL's (then called Quantum Computer Services) service for the Commodore computer. You could call it the first real precursor to the AOL service, since it provided news, entertainment, chat, etc. Before Quantum was Quantum, its name was CoVideo Corp., and its product was GameLine, an online service for owners of Atari game machines. It allowed people to download games over the phone lines.

I still miss Prodigy Classic, my first "isp". They succumbed to y2k  :cry:

• 4 months later...

sh*t, we could start a whole "ITT We talk about what a sh*t service AOL is". And they make it difficult to get rid of too.Once they got you on the phone, "Oh, how about I give you a free month to change your mind" blah blah blah. Just cut me off bitch, I already uninstalled that ad ridden software.

If the person who started the topic decides to come back 2 or 3 months later with either the same problem or wanting to say thanks or such, and can't do this, they aren't very happy... there is other reasons but I can't think of them off the top of my head...

If the person who started the topic decides to come back 2 or 3 months later with either the same problem or wanting to say thanks or such, and can't do this, they aren't very happy... there is other reasons but I can't think of them off the top of my head...

Ok, makes sense  :)

• 1 month later...