Help! : Phunky Fone

Kilio

I realize this may have no validity on a forum dedicated to computers but it's worth a shot.

Since this Tuesday (February, 19th) my phone has been acting weird. I realize it has been one day but the run down has been quick.

On Tuesday I left my phone at home in the morning at 7:00. I believe it ran out of batteries and died although I could be wrong. Once I got home at 5:00 I searched my pants pocket to call my mother to let her know I was home. I discovered it was off and did not panic. Upon turning it on I noticed the interface was rather sluggish. After calling I turned it off and back on and it worked fairly well.

Well today, Wednesday (February, 20th), I picked the phone up and expected to use it for the music capability only to have it say

"MUSIC PLAYER INITIALIZING. TRY AGAIN LATER."

I guessed I might as well try again later and trudged off to the bus (7:00). Later (Around 11:00) I tried and got the same message. I turned my phone off and on, this is where things get glitchy. It was stuck in a boot screen loop. Not the actual turning on, but the boot into the interface.

I decided it was just funky and put it away. I got home (5:00) and try to use it to find it reacting VERY sluggishly, taking upwards of 30 seconds to recognize one command. I close the phone to cancel all commands so as to not overload. Once closed I get the novel idea of using the exterior method of opening the music player, I hold down the center button. It stays on the clock that shows up when closed. I open it and the clock stays on the screen whereas it should change. I turn the phone off and wait about 10 seconds before powering it back up. Upon turning on it is stuck in a turn on turn off loop. During the On phase an error message appeared, Error Log and something with Flash, I neglected to write the message down in absence of mind. I flipped the phone over removed the battery and waited a meager 15 seconds before replacing it and restarting the phone only to have the loop return without the error message.

It turns on for about 1 second then turns off for about a second. I would say the on/off times are parallel. My Phone is the Samsung Juke, nothing too special about it.

Model Number - SCH-U470

:2funny:    ok I kid, not funny.

Good story though, I hope you are able to take it to your local phone fix it/ charge the heck out of ya shop.  Sounds as if something went haywire, but did you try taking the battery out, ( so it gets out of it's "phunky " loop, then re inserting it, WITHOUT powering on, then just pluggin it in for the night?  Probably wont do anything , but heck , thats what the cell phone peeps have on us..

Sorry man, but at least it isn't me this time  :2funny:

Yea. It's not really that stressful for me. Just like, come on.

And, I have tried that, I tried that and it takign the battery out and just plugging the phone in and it just starts the loop up. So right now I'm just gonna let it run the loop until the battery is dead because I have nothing better to do.

About 15 give or take years or so ago, I had a phone that just gave me issues, thats when you waited forever to get one "fixed". They would " fix " it, then it would act up soon after, I did however always carry both of there insurances. Finally, I was at witts end, I spoke w/  the fine lady at the counter about what my options were.

They would fix the phone if they could, or , if the phone were to get broken , like ran over by a car or something drastic as that, they would replace it. Hmmm.......... ok, so , if I were to " drop" the phone, hard like, and it was unfixable, would it be replaced?  Why yes sir, it would be.

So I thanked her and left the store, when I got out in the parking lot, I " dropped " the phone, kinda hard, and it bounced to my surprise. When I picked it up, I accidentally "dropped" the small marvel of electronic equipment again, could you believe all the shit they cram into those fragile plastic cases?  So I scooped up what I could, there were of course dozens of tiny little shards scattered about,  in my dread, I had a concerned woman help me with the cleanup, man she was nice.

I took my belongings into the cell phone resurrection center, low and behold ,they tagged and bagged it, they took the carcass in the back room, and to my astonishment , they had performed a miracle, when they brought it back, it was as good as new, shiny and everything.

I complimented the cell doctors on what a beautiful job they had done on the surgery, and left the store feeling as if I could walk on clouds.

EDIT : true story!  always git the insurance : P

Lost or stolen works too, and no carcuss to deal with.  :wink2: And I keep the extra parts in my private junkyard just in case.

You keep cell phone parts?  wow

Stolen works if you wanna make a police report, and a claim, and lost means a claim as well, @ least w/ Nextel it does.

I have a cool phone now, the ic902 , it's a hybrid phone, so it's in Sprints network for the web/data/ phone, and the nextel for the two way. I don't wanna lose it, I love it. But eventually it'll commit suicide  :2funny:

Spare battery, or the girls like to play with them. (7 and 8 years)

Gotcha, I was thinkin, damn, thats gotta be alotta parts as many phones are out there.  I'm sure I have a dozen or more myself, lol

But I keep them because they are all nextels, and the two way works on them , you can set them to "direct talk "  w/ no network capabilities at all. They work for miles as walkie talkies, very cool!

But I keep them because they are all nextels, and the two way works on them , you can set them to "direct talk "  w/ no network capabilities at all. They work for miles as walkie talkies, very cool!

Actually that would be  pretty cool. I wonder if any of mine do that. Might become an indian giver before they totally trash them.  :lol:

Do you have replacement insurance?

I have the insurance that will replace the phone if it is damaged, lost, or stolen...But they won't fix it  :uglystupid2: ..In other words, if it is acting funny, they will do nothing, but if you lose it/break it, they will give you a new one... :idiot2:

The verizon guy actually told me to give my phone a bath, and then send it back for replacement  :haha:

So I went down to the atlantic ocean to do some surf casting and  "accidentally" dropped it in the water...Ooops..

Funny part was, I dried it out, and the phone actually started working fine  :2funny: ..But since the moisture indicator by the battery showed it got wet, they replaced it.

Had a new phone in 2 days..  :azn:

my phone barely works at all...mp3 player sticks on, screens barely work, video/camera doesnt work. freezes alot. and its been bathed, ran over, dropped, etc. and alltel wont give me a new phone, and i have insurance  :shocked: 

because my contract is almost up so the rep, told me that it wouldnt work....which is why after my contract im changing plans

my phone barely works at all...mp3 player sticks on, screens barely work, video/camera doesnt work. freezes alot. and its been bathed, ran over, dropped, etc. and alltel wont give me a new phone, and i have insurance  :shocked:

because my contract is almost up so the rep, told me that it wouldnt work....which is why after my contract im changing plans

I'm just guessing here, but it sounds like you need a new phone  :haha:

my phone barely works at all...mp3 player sticks on, screens barely work, video/camera doesn't work. freezes alot. and its been bathed, ran over, dropped, etc. and alltel wont give me a new phone, and i have insurance  :shocked:

Nah man its ok. Just needs fibrillated. Open up the back and give it a few shots of WD40, then set in the oven with it set on clean for 3-5 hours. Let it cool and see what it looks like. Take a pic of it and post it. Should work fine then.  [geek-small]

Get a new phone bro. And make sure it has decent insurance next time.  :wink2:

I almost forgot, don't forget to have a fire extinguisher handy while you do this. And do not do it at home. Highly not recommended.  :twisted:

man u guys lay down and take too much bullshit...tell the asswipe rep that u have a contract...u have insurance...ur phone is broken...so replace it under ur insurance or replace it under warranty...demand...don't ask...ask for the manager and the managers manager and the corporate office if necessary...cuz that's crap...u pay for insurance...boom pay up!!!...all these damned phones have manufacturers warranties...if they r defective the manufacturer replaces...if it's damaged lost or stolen ur insurance replaces...period...

bottom line is...they don't get to collect insurance premiums from u then crap out when it time to replace a phone...grrrrrr

man u guys lay down and take too much bullshit...tell the asswipe rep that u have a contract...u have insurance...ur phone is broken...so replace it under ur insurance or replace it under warranty...demand...don't ask...ask for the manager and the managers manager and the corporate office if necessary...cuz that's crap...u pay for insurance...boom pay up!!!...all these damned phones have manufacturers warranties...if they r defective the manufacturer replaces...if it's damaged lost or stolen ur insurance replaces...period...

bottom line is...they don't get to collect insurance premiums from u then crap out when it time to replace a phone...grrrrrr

umm tdawn...think about it for a minute...its me.....if somethings wrong i basically just go with it and am like FUCK IT

right...but that's what i keep telling u...quit making it so easy to screw u...get mad...make them do what's right!! u paid for it...it's urs...

at least make them squirm...get a pad of paper...u need to write down details...make the call and ask for names and make sure u say there name at least once for each sentence...then ask for their supervisor...and repeat the process...all the way up til u get what's rightfully urs...get names dates times...AND let them know that ur taking notes...AND ask what call center they r in and their id#

at least if they'r gonna screw u in the end anyway, make them flip u over and kiss u first...

meh

edit/  see im a nice guy...i dont do that...which is why i get screwed  over....all people trying to be nice get screwed everyone who steals, cheats, etc. gets rich....its the way our country works  :wink2:

Whats that tell ya?    Go out an get yourself the biggest t-bone steak you can find,  don't cook it, just  sit naked crouched in the corner of a dark room listening to Rob Zombie records gnawing on the hunk of dead animal till you see the light . :shock:

meh

edit/  see im a nice guy...i dont do that...which is why i get screwed  over....all people trying to be nice get screwed everyone who steals, cheats, etc. gets rich....its the way our country works  :wink2:

oh okay...whatever then...don't complain about what u get then...u get what u choose

btw...i don't cheat or steal...EVER...and wasn't suggesting that u do anything of the sort...i was suggesting that u not let them steal from u and cheat u...but if u enjoy being abused...go for it i guess...i was just telling u how i handle situations like this...and i usually get my way...and i happen to be a very nice person...and i don't yell or cuss into the phone when i'm talking to them either...it's just business...not personal...emotion makes it personal.