Laptop help?

Raistlin666

I have an Acer laptop, but did something stupid with it. I tried to put a bootleg ver of Linux on it, but can't get rid of it now T_T

At first I was able to put windows back on as another partion and have it start with that at the beginning, but now it wants to start as linux only now, but I can't format it to save my life. And even when I do, some of the linux remains so it still won't work. It's not that I don't know how to use Linux,  I tried to get it fast, and ended up getting a messed up copy of it. (My fault I know)

Thanks in advance

Hi Raistlin666, Since we aren't sure of the configuration, and boot files, I would reccommend that you download a version of "gparted live" @  http://download.tuxfamily.org/gpartedlive/,  this is a live cd where you will be able to partition, and set flags on your drive as well as erase the partition you want . Set as boot , or many other options.

Always install windows first, then the Linux distro, was it Mandriva that you installed , just pay attention to the partitioning, and know which one is what .( would be my guess if the partition tables got mess up)  Or Ubuntu?