leaked official RIAA training video

tommie gorman

If this is not the biggest piece of crap you ever seen let me know. For gods sake its full of shit. How the hell can searching for one thing on a search warrant be justified to get other things. They have got this so damned wrong it is not even pitiful, Its disgusting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2DwTWJNk-k

This is total BS. Buying pirated CD's is not going to lead you to a grow house.

These people are so stupid, and they have no idea what they are talking about.

Something needs to be done about this riaa garbage. They are one step away from being like the irs. Tons of cash for the best lawers. Funny how all this money they have has yet to make it the artists hands.

And that will be the death of them. They are not giving the money own for the artists too the artists, and they are starting to fight back. Your going to see alot more of them saying pay what you want for it.

it is a sad fact that there is little to no acknoledgement of wrongdoing when people buy pirated disks or download off the web.

they say they are just hirting the evil riaa/mpaa/whomever suits them.

if you break the copyright rules you are hurting the artists or programmers.

i grant you that the record companies pocket most of the cash, but that is an issue the artists that sign the contracts that let them do so have to deal with. if the works are ripped off however, the artist/programmer gets no money at all. now, would you rather have a little money or none at all?

at the local fleamarkets there are usually tables of cd's/dvd's with ripped albums/movies/screeners and usually several places that sell ripped games. sometiumes they will set up a table of disks right by the side of the road, advertising 1 dvd 5$, 5 for 20.

the copsa ignore it.

it being a federal crime, i have called the FBI on multiple occasions reporting the location of these stands.

ik was told that there was nothing they could do. if they went out to arrest them the DA wouldn't want to prosecute them. they said the only thing that would do any good is if i could tip them off to one of the manufacturers of the copies. i was told to contact customs as they were setting up a taskforce o go after these people and they might have the manpower to do something.

so i call into the fbi reporting a federal crime, all they would have o do is drive up and collect these guys and they say they can't do it because the DA is too lazy? wtf is up with that?

the law should be the law, no matter what. if the record compoanies/movie studios/software houses screw the artists/workers/programmers, fine, they can organize themselves and do something like the writers strike. but don't use the "evil" riaa/mpaa/bsa as an excuse to commit a crime. that is so pathetically childish,

it is a sad fact that there is little to no acknoledgement of wrongdoing when people buy pirated disks or download off the web.

they say they are just hirting the evil riaa/mpaa/whomever suits them.

if you break the copyright rules you are hurting the artists or programmers.

i grant you that the record companies pocket most of the cash, but that is an issue the artists that sign the contracts that let them do so have to deal with. if the works are ripped off however, the artist/programmer gets no money at all. now, would you rather have a little money or none at all?

at the local fleamarkets there are usually tables of cd's/dvd's with ripped albums/movies/screeners and usually several places that sell ripped games. sometiumes they will set up a table of disks right by the side of the road, advertising 1 dvd 5$, 5 for 20.

the copsa ignore it.

it being a federal crime, i have called the FBI on multiple occasions reporting the location of these stands.

ik was told that there was nothing they could do. if they went out to arrest them the DA wouldn't want to prosecute them. they said the only thing that would do any good is if i could tip them off to one of the manufacturers of the copies. i was told to contact customs as they were setting up a taskforce o go after these people and they might have the manpower to do something.

so i call into the fbi reporting a federal crime, all they would have o do is drive up and collect these guys and they say they can't do it because the DA is too lazy? wtf is up with that?

the law should be the law, no matter what. if the record compoanies/movie studios/software houses screw the artists/workers/programmers, fine, they can organize themselves and do something like the writers strike. but don't use the "evil" riaa/mpaa/bsa as an excuse to commit a crime. that is so pathetically childish,

no one likes snitches :uglystupid2:

reminds me of the propaganda videos we used to see when i was a kid about the dangers of smoking marijuana...it'll make u think u can fly...it'll make you has deformed children...if you smoke mj u'll go out and commit more serious crimes like eating too much junk food...if u dl a song off the internet u've probably been incarcerated for more serious crimes like murder...blah blah blah...

Its never gonna stop. To late anyway. The record industry shot themselfs in the foot. Some could even say the bands themself did the same. The record industry knew about napster LONG before the general public. They could of went in and quietly bought them out. Instead they chose to ignore the problem. Then lars the drummer from metalica decided to sue. Yea he had the right. Problem is he helped bring music sharing to the general public. Most had no idea of this and how it was possible. Lars might of well just put up a huge sign "HOW TO DOWNLOAD ALL MUSIC FREE!!".

Now you have apple and other sites on a pay per song. Why buy the whole c.d. when you can get the song or 2 you want for a couple of bucks. The internet is a two way street. Yea lots of good. Lots of bad. Poor managment and choices on the business it affects the most.  Its not over. Sooner or later the bands will go after the riaa. Laws will be put into affect to get a grip and control this out of control group. They have lost lawsuits before and will continue to loose. Yet no one has yet to ask "Hey where is the money going??" .