AT&T 3G Question

rjventre

Installing the 3g equipment ( transmitters / receivers ) at the tower site and the antennas on the tower.

Still pretty expensive but AT^T claims they are going to have more than 300 cities covered with it by the end of this year.

I'll believe it when I see it though.

Its about time the U.S. gets with the program and starts offering 3G...when I was in Greece I was able to make video calls over there on my phone...over here..can't

You can do that here, You just have to have the right phone, and be on sprint or verizon. We tho are not big on video calling here, thats why it hasen't taken off.  AT&T is pretty late too the 3G party, and the odd thing is they are already planning to start rolling out 4G by the end of the year when they haven't even finished with 3G

You can do that here, You just have to have the right phone, and be on sprint or verizon. We tho are not big on video calling here, thats why it hasen't taken off.  AT&T is pretty late too the 3G party, and the odd thing is they are already planning to start rolling out 4G by the end of the year when they haven't even finished with 3G

Hahaha :haha: :haha:

Seems like their thinking is wacked :idiot2:

Ahhh..I didnt know that...I have the phone..just I use t-mobile and that feature can't work..do you know if they are planning to go to 3G?

Hahaha :haha: :haha:

Seems like their thinking is wacked :idiot2:

Ahhh..I didnt know that...I have the phone..just I use t-mobile and that feature can't work..do you know if they are planning to go to 3G?

As far as I know, No they are not right now. It was suppose to happen along time ago. You would be using EDGE for data and it would be just way to slow to send anything with video. AT&T's edge is slow, but half way usable, I get around 250 - 320kbps download on my iPhone.

As far as I know, No they are not right now. It was suppose to happen along time ago. You would be using EDGE for data and it would be just way to slow to send anything with video. AT&T's edge is slow, but half way usable, I get around 250 - 320kbps download on my iPhone.

Hmmm..if I had an internet plan I would definitely switch then to either one of them..but I guess for now I would have to make due (besides video is not important..just cool) :haha: :haha:

What's your overall opinion on AT&T?

att is great if you have a phone that uses 3g then its amazing i have had them for 7 years now and think i have had 5 droped calls?

and if you in a area that has 3g then the service is even more amazing

when i have to fall back on the edge network it does kinda suck but oh well

What's your overall opinion on AT&T?

So far i'm really happy with them. Ive been with them for a little over a year now. And haven't had a single problem. Ive only called them once, and that was too setup the account. I was even suppose to get locked into a 2 year contract when i got my iPhone, but i'm not LOL.. And the service is great, I wish edge was faster but I don't use it that much, i'm always near a wifi point most of the time.