Custom PC Parts choice

I understand how to put the computer together, but I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to picking out parts for the system. I just wanted to get some feedback for the parts that I selected for my machine. If you think something that I picked is bad please let me know why and suggest an alternative. If you suggest an alternative please try to keep it in the original parts price range. Any and all replies are much appreciated.

DVD Drive - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136134 26.99

LG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/ATAPI 20X DVD

You could very well downgrade to a dual core and get the AMD 38x0 or Nvidia 8800/9600GT and get more performance in games. Only if you do quite a bit of video editing/encoding/other CPU intensive and multithreaded programs are you going to see a difference between the dual and quad core.