need help pls with linksys wireless G adapter

MJFSOL

hey hey guys and gals.....i just recently purchased a linksys wireless G PCI card for wireless ..

my prob is that while it in "in touch" with the router (wireless B) it cannot connect to the internet ...i tried all the trouble shooting and whatnot and even reset the router...but when i try to refresh  the network settings ...it displays that there are no wireless networks available....while i know this is BS i cannot get connected to the net on my laptop...

running XP home SP3 ...

i was considering rolling back to January or so...but thought it was futile....

any asst would be appreciated...and i have a gut feeling this may be a simple fix but i cant find it.... [nerdly] [nerdly] [nerdly]

thanks again ...

well i looked in there  and found DDNS and its disabled...but it also says its disabled by default...

Thats " Dynamic DNS " Which is used to " mimic" static IP address for various reasons.

Lets start over. Just shut everything down, wait a few minutes, 3-5,  then begin powering things back on, beginning with the modem. Then when all the lights are on ie: UL ~ Dl ~ internet, of what ever else, then the router, when the lights are all on , then boot the machine(s). 

OK...did all that...and at least it recognizes the network and is connected to it...

BUT...lol

it is searching for an internet connection...constantly...so its still not connected to the net..

tried the usual trbl shooting ..and as i clicked on the "repair" button...my laptop freezes up...thats the 4th time its done that since i installed this adapter...

so to wrap this up...my adapter  will talk to my router...but it cannot connect to the net...baby steps at least 4ward...

again...this smacks of a simple fix ...BUT i cant put my finger on it........thanks again 4 the patience ... :angel:

Have you reset the router by holding in the button for at least 15 + seconds?

I sounds to me as if you have two programs trying to manage the wireless connection. Did you use an install disk when you first set up the router?

If so , I would recommend disabling windows wireless zero configuration by  Start> (type) "run services.msc" w/o the quotes , look for " Wireless Zero Configuration", and in the drop down menu select "disable". Press the "stop" button.

If you cannot connect to your router, then enable it again, sometimes systems react differently.

Otherwise I would say make sure  your SSID is correct in the machine as it is in the router( if you have security enabled.

well the card says its connected w/ the router but "no internet can be found"...

disabling the WZC was one of the 1st things i did and the card couldn't even connect to my network....kept saying there was no wireless network to be found...so i re-enabled it....

i am supposed to have a linksys support tech be calling me anytime...i have a friend  that works for cisco systems and he is trying to help me out too..

but ill try to disable WZC again for the heck of it...ill let you know something...:)

Did you try Linksys Easy Connect? You can download it from Linksys. Another thing you might want to check is to make sure your router is set to broadcast both wireless B and wireless G. It is a set up in the router. I am using a WRT54GS and my laptop has wireless G and my desktop is wireless B

this is burning me up....

ok

ive reset my router 3 times now...nothing...

i DL'd  linksys easy connect....and it  runs thru its schpeel and ends up saying theres no wireless connection and could not connect....

OK i know on my router wireless broadcast is enabled....the "link" light on the adapter is a steady burn so again i know its connected to the router......but cant get internet access....and getting a limited or no connectivity icon ...also

.im STILL awaiting a response from linksys....

ok i feel better now from venting....lol  i still think this is simple and im just pissed at me for not seeing it yet....FFS i have an iq of 14 .....oh wait..that may explain it...LOL

all in all back to square one...:(

Why don't you just set the router back to factory defaults? You must have changed something that you can't see outright.  I played w/ the dd wrt settings last night for some time, and I can see where someone could really mess things up.

dd wrt firmware on the wrt54g has more settings than my BEFSX41  does, and there's a bunch in there.

Try pushing and holding the light button on the upper left on the front of the unit. It will turn white and start blinking and then turn to yellow when it is done doing what it is doing. It sets up security for the wireless connection.

That is only if you have a linksys card installed on the machine, and the software that goes w/ it.

went and got a wireless G router.....

still i get limited or no connectivity.....re ran all the software ....

i am wondering if this is a software prob and not a hardware prob??

thoughts?

ive rolled back settings.....to no effect....was considering reinstalling windows....*sigh*

we were talking about a wireless B router....and yes i hit the reset button on it tried everything....

so i went and broke down and got a wireless G router earlier today....

i discussed the specs in the 1st posts...lol  the router seemed to be working but kept getting a limited or no connectivity from the adapter...