need help pls with linksys wireless G adapter

MJFSOL

Would you please give the total layout of your network, from the modem out to the machine that cannot connect wirelessly.

The reason I ask, is because you stated you can connect to the wireless router, that means most likely, that it is not within the card, it could be in the cabling, or , the unknown ( to me), before the wireless router, as if the router is not getting an IP, if you have another router before this one, and the DHCP server is not turned off on the second one , there will be a conflict.

ok i have the old router...give me a few mins to dust it off..lol and re-hook it up...

modem is a zyzel 660 series...

router of course is the linksys wireless B router....

i was using a belkin wireless B adapter..(USB) but i dropped something on it and it broke...and it was working fine...thats when this $%^& started after this...lol

got the wireless G adapter nothing doing...on the wireless B router...went and got the wireless G router...

all on a splendidly obselete  dell inspiron 8200 

windows XP home SP3

now ill brb in a few after switching back to the B router

Do you have a firewall and anti - virus on the laptop ? Have you try connecting with the firewall and the anti- virus turn off. If it still does not work try reinstalling the drivers for the Linksys card and router  with the firewall and anti- virus turn off first.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

finally got the POS to connect to the internet...

linksys emailed me and walked me thru it....basically it was a registry problem ....even when i uninstalled the software...some crap was left behind in the registry....

long story short i cleared the junk out ...reinstalled the software and hardware and it connected within 10 sec....the secure network was working within 30 sec ...and now im up and running....

thanks  to all of those who racked their heads and assisted  me in troubleshooting this pesky prob...

finally wireless 1nce again ! woohoo