vista

icecabrera

You really can't change the stack in Vista like you can with XP.

AH.... damn you, I was going to say the same thing but my internet crapped out here when I went to post it.

But yea since vista has a "learning" stack like on linux and OS X you can't really tweak it like on XP. You can just about only change the TCP receive window and send window.

But yea since vista has a "learning" stack like on linux and OS X you can't really tweak it like on XP. You can just about only change the TCP receive window and send window.

Unless a new Cablenut version has been made for Vista the TCP receive window and send window CN makes are in the registry location they are in XP.They are there but don't change the Vista TCP receive window and send window.

Using netsh int tcp set global commands are the only way to change the TCP receive window and send window at all.Even then you don't have real control in that you can set the size.

I don't know how to set the send but my receive is currently 65340 .I have disabled it with netsh int tcp set global commands .I played around with these settings & it may have been using "experimental" setting then back to disabled that even set Vista to this.

Do you know where I can check the Vista send window?

TimPawlak ;Does SP1 let you make any adjustments to the  TCP receive window and send window? Or make Vista better?

I'm going to wait awhile & see how many are having problems with Vista SP1.One reason right now mine seems stable.So SP1 would have to do something I need for me to install it.

When I did a complete system takeown & icacls grant I had to reactivate .I might have to do that again if I do the same once SP1 is installed.