I feel like picking a fight: Why is Cuba the devil?

Le_Murphant

I just finished watching Michael Moore's Sicko (which, by the way, I didn't really appreciate but found to have mild biased educative value) and it got me thinking on some point which was not the point of the movie at all: why is Cuba evil? I can't recall any recent president putting it on the axis of evil. Fidel is no longer in office so if you didn't like his face, you should be ok. The Cuban misslie crisis was ages ago and there's no talk about nuclear weapons anymore, which doesn't mean that there aren't any, only that they are not threatening. Is it because of communism? China also is a communist country and I believe that it is the country with which the US has most commercial exchanges. They use censorship? Well, China once again is a good candidate, you can visit http://www.greatfirewallofchina.org/ to see which websites are censored. They are not living nor wanting to live the American dream? Most of Europe is in that situation to. They speak Spanish? You can cut yourself off of south america if you wish. They support terrorism? Well, I don't know if that's a fact or even a claim, but it would be pretty convenient to label the country as an extension to the axis of evil, it seems to be a pretty good way to be on the list nowadays. In any case, you hated Cuba before terrorism became the enemy.

Now, was slightly sarcastic in the previous paragraph but in truth, I do not know why the American government and its people vow such a hate cult to Cuba to the point where one cannot circulate between the two countries. Talk about liberties you don't want taken away by communists! I must tell you that it is a subject about which I am not educated, which is why I'm here (and also because I felt like picking a fight) and I am not emitting a solid opinion, but rather looking for reasons to hate Cuba like a majority of fellow Americans seem to do. So be nice and don't even think of mentioning where I live, because if you form you opinions in function of where my ip pings me, I wouldn't call them opinions but simply speeches and just dismiss them because they are not what I am looking for.

Where did you see that most americans hate cuba? I haven't heard that since the 60's when times were way different. As to communism, I believe the middle east is more where our freedoms are threatened the most by outsiders trying to change the way america thinks.

I think whatever it was you read was very old news really. Do you have something up to date you really want to discuss?

The worse thing I remember about cuba was the fact that you could no longer get a good cigar, and them being so close with the best.  :tickedoff:

tommie...it's because he's been all over the news...since february after stepping down and saying he wouldn't seek or accept another appointment...

this is where Le_Murphant is getting his question from, i think...i saw a headline that said something about cuba being evil...i also saw another about the cigars...

he handed his leadership down tohis brother i think...fidel is like 80 something...

there must be something between our governments that we don't know about...

I just finished watching Michael Moore's Sicko (which, by the way, I didn't really appreciate but found to have mild biased educative value)

That pretty much sums up Michael Moore's "movies".

As far as hating Cuba, that's probably just the people in Miami who have seen there city turned into a smaller version of Cuba. Cubans go there to escape Castro's Cuba, but then expect the US become a "free will Cuba" where they are free to be Cubans living in the US. I don't understand how they can be so proud of their heritage but so quick to leave their motherland. For most of them alive today, Castro IS their heritage.

To sum it up, from what I was taught, Cuba was going to allow Russia ie:Soviet Union at the time, , to place Nuclear missiles 90 miles off the coast , that alone would be one reason, but it goes much further.

You have to remember what you learned in the Spanish American war. We actually were given control over Cuba by the Spaniards, they ceded.  and we gave Cuba there independence.  The man that controlled Cuba then felt that prices for land were outrageous, (or something like that, and gave us some shit, then Castro overran this guy, and claimed he would rein for his life!

there is a lot more, a lot!  IMO, it has to do today , due to the drugs, hell we are still Cuba's largest cash crop importer, and the US government wants to keep full control over this. Besides, we really own Cuba , from what I remember.

Personally I liked Sikco.It covered health care in a lot more countries than Cuba & made comparisons to the US health care or lack of.

As for hating Cubans I think most Americans have nothing against Cubans as long as they stay in Cuba.Visitors(tourists) would be OK just not illegals.Technically I don't believe any Cuban is considered an illegal.They are considered defectors & given asylum as soon as their feet hit the shore.But many take the same jobs as other countries illegals do.Taking Americans jobs.I've already heard the argument that these are jobs Americans don't want.That's actually not true what's forgotten to be added is at the wages the illegals are willing to do the job for.

I doubt the majority of American say I really want to be a plumber when I grow up but for what plumbers make native born Americans become plumbers.Willing to get up to their elbows in other peoples crap.So the difference seems to be the money.

Also the Cubans want to bring their customs & language instead of becoming Americans.They also bring a lot of criminals & drug dealers.So there are some reasons for not wanting Cubans here.

Yes I think we shouldn't be trading with any country that allows slave wages China would be at the top of that list.We fought a bloody war over this At least that was part of the reason.We have a Constitutional amendment making slavery illegal so I don't understand why we allow trade with countries that allow wages so low it is really slavery or worse slaves would probably have more provided for them then the low wages those people make.

Wait 20 years or so & if it stays like it is going the Chinese will be saying theres another boatload of those damn Americans coming to take our jobs.

Where did you see that most americans hate cuba?

Most americans don't hate cuba or cubans..... Till you come to South florida that is.....  :haha:

It use to be they where in and around miami but in the last 5 or so years they have moved north a bit. Now there are some places in my town that you can't go unless you speak Spanish because the cubans have just taken it over. And they think that you have to speak there language, even tho they are in my country.

And this is happening in one of the wealthiest cities in the world, boca raton florida.

Thats why Americans here hate cuba, and cubans.

I'm Mexican American and I've lived in southern California my whole life. I was born in Santa Ana, California, and now there's nothing but spanish speakers. They don't "think" you have to speak their language, they have just gotten used to not having to speak english because there are so many other spanish speakers there isn't really a need to. BTW, I don't speek spanish and I've never had ANY trouble talking to any of them.

I'm Mexican American I was born in Santa Ana, California,

That means you are an American. Mexicans are those born in Mexico.

it's almost the same thing, mexico has a mix between native american and spanish, while cuba is more native american, spanish, and some african.

Native Ameicans in Cuba? What tribe?

I know Native Americans were in Mexico & a lot more tribes than Incas,Mayas & Aztecs.

Most Americans don't hate Cuba or cubans..... Till you come to South Florida that is.....  :haha:

It use to be they where in and around Miami but in the last 5 or so years they have moved north a bit. Now there are some places in my town that you can't go unless you speak Spanish because the cubans have just taken it over. And they think that you have to speak there language, even tho they are in my country.

And this is happening in one of the wealthiest cities in the world, boa raton Florida.

Thats why Americans here hate Cuba, and cubans.

Very true, I forgot about that Dlewis. I was a visitor back in 1978 and it was like that in Miami. I did not understand anything if I was not purchasing anything. Then when I opened up my wallet they seemed to speak fluent English.  :uglystupid2: Otherwise I felt like the outsider. We ended our stay in Miami that day and went to an English speaking part of Florida to finish it. By clear water beach It was nice and it was easy to be understood there.   :smitten: Ended up being a pleasant vacation afterall.

I must have taken the stupid pill this am, you totally stumped me there  :?:

you take in pill form ,  :shocked: it's put into the drinking water over here ,

I guess the reason for me not visiting America is will the natives understand me ,  :evil6:

Why is Cuba "evil"? Most of it is based on the fact that Castro was their leader until recently and that he did many "evil" things to cuba. None knows how his brother will act only that it is a new reign. Hopefully a more positive reign. But no one other than his brother can be sure.

you take in pill form ,  :shocked: it's put into the drinking water over here ,

I guess the reason for me not visiting America is will the natives understand me ,  :evil6:

hahaa,  hey, did ya here that all tyhe crap the US citizens have been taking for the last who knows how long has gotten to the point where anyone drinking city water in a major city, are on all the rest of the drugs that everyone else is taking?  :2funny: Heck, you'de fit right in, just have a glass of water, and everything will be just peachy  :2funny:

I think this explains road rage, how can you do 100 + drugs a day in your coffee , and be right?  :2funny: