I have a feeling in the next decade they will have just enough rope to hang them

tommie gorman

"Recommended reading for all interested in the RIAA's litigation war against p2p file sharing is the amended class action complaint just filed in Oregon in Andersen v. Atlantic. This landmark 109-page document (pdf) tells both the general story of the RIAA's campaign against ordinary folks, and the specific story of its harassment of Tanya Andersen, and even of her young daughter. The complaint includes federal and state RICO claims, as well as other legal theories, and alleges that "The world's four major recording studios had devised an illegal enterprise intent on maintaining their virtually complete monopoly over the distribution of recorded music." The point has been made by one commentator that the RIAA won't be able to weasel its out of this one by simply withdrawing it; this one, they will have to answer for. If the relief requested in the complaint is granted, the RIAA's entire campaign will be shut down for good."

http://www.ilrweb.com/viewILRPDF.asp?filename=andersen_atlantic_080314SecondAmendedComplaint

I'll be doing a dance that day.  :smiley:

Yea americans are and can be lawsuit happy. Its only a matter of time, the right attorney, riaa is in big trouble. Same with the music artists, they have recieved nothing, so they will be suing riaa next.

While I can not provide a link, I did see one of the big record exs suggest a 5 dollar per household charge that would go into a fund to recoup the losses because of file sharing. If that happens and I hope it does, bye bye riaa. How can they sue if your already paying a monthly free for it. The riaa are just bullies that prey on the poor. Sue them for huge money, offer to settle for a thousand or 2. Whats a poor person to do? Pay the settlement or pray for the court to go your way.

Yea americans are and can be lawsuit happy. Its only a matter of time, the right attorney, riaa is in big trouble. Same with the music artists, they have recieved nothing, so they will be suing riaa next.

While I can not provide a link, I did see one of the big record exs suggest a 5 dollar per household charge that would go into a fund to recoup the losses because of file sharing. If that happens and I hope it does, bye bye riaa. How can they sue if your already paying a monthly free for it. The riaa are just bullies that prey on the poor. Sue them for huge money, offer to settle for a thousand or 2. Whats a poor person to do? Pay the settlement or pray for the court to go your way.

you have got to be kidding nijageek or at least the record exc is,

how by charging the Innocent be right ,

how do you apply such a crazy scheme , who would it apply to , the deaf,those without any interest in downloading anything ,or just plain hate music ?

ok, put it another way should we all spend a few months in jail , to make up for the criminals that don't get caught ,

While I can not provide a link, I did see one of the big record exs suggest a 5 dollar per household charge that would go into a fund to recoup the losses because of file sharing.

Yea that will never happen.

The problem is they make people think they are hurting for money but they aren't. There profits are higher then every before even with file sharing. Illegal file sharing is still a very small group. More people buy songs off iTunes then steal them.

Oh and that money the riaa gets when they sue someone is suppose too go too the people who made the songs but it doesn't it goes to make there wallets fatter. And that is why alot of artists are starting too say fuck you too the riaa and the record companies because they don't actually make any money off the selling of the songs them selves they make it off the tours.

Its my own fault I should of saved that article. I can see that happining. I mean we get charged for everything else. There are fees upon fees on most bills. I believe its england that has to pay artist so much every time they play a song on the radio.

What I am waiting to see is them shutting down sites like rapidshare and other places like that. I for one miss record shops. You just don't see them around anymore. But what I most want to see is the riaa shutdown. They are just bullies with money and high priced lawyers that are takeing advantage of the poor. Its a racket. You pay us 2 grand or we sue you for 20,000. Heck your gonna pay 2 grand just for the lawyer. In time I sure hope it happens.

Its my own fault I should of saved that article. I can see that happining. I mean we get charged for everything else. There are fees upon fees on most bills. I believe its england that has to pay artist so much every time they play a song on the radio.

What I am waiting to see is them shutting down sites like rapidshare and other places like that. I for one miss record shops. You just don't see them around anymore. But what I most want to see is the riaa shutdown. They are just bullies with money and high priced lawyers that are takeing advantage of the poor. Its a racket. You pay us 2 grand or we sue you for 20,000. Heck your gonna pay 2 grand just for the lawyer. In time I sure hope it happens.

I totally agree, especially the time they was after the guy who D/L'd his own purchased song on to his own  harddrive. Thats when I gave up all hope of humanity for the RIAA. It can rot in hell for all I care. It does no real good. Another damn big waste of our tax dollars.  :tickedoff: