Socket 775 Motherboard

igarek77

Hi All,

I'm putting together a new PC and was wondering what motherboard you guys would suggest? I already have the CPU it's a Core 2 Duo E6850. Here's a mother board I'm considering GIGABYTE GA-EP35C. Let me know what you think and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Well what are you going to use that computer for, work, play?  A board with FSB 1333MHz is your requirement?  What are you focusing on:  overclocking, low temps, quiet system?

Newegg Motherboards Socket 775 fsb:1333 sortable by chipset, manufacturer, and price.

Intel P35 Review benchmark and overclocking Asus P5K Deluxe vs Gigabyte  GA-P35C-DS3 R

PCSTATS Maximum Motherboard Overclocking Chart (use for ball park figures not exact)

A lot of people are having good luck with the P 35 boards and you get one for a good price. I would try to stay away from the Nvidia 680 boards some of them have had a lot of problems. The 780 board just came out and have not proven how reliable they are yet ,but if you are going to go SLI in the future then the 780  the board you would want to get, if you do not plan on going SLI than get a P35 board.