128 degrees C mainboard?

becman

just like the title says...

i did a re-check 3x with 15mins interval to cool it off. and upon boot up, i immediately ran PCwiz08 but it always show 128C.  all 3 fans 100% working (rear blows, side and front sucks)...

my other AMD PC's mainboard doesn't show this kind of reading.

i really don't understand much about the info shown by PC Wiz08 but i know my mainboard shouldn't be as hot as it is. ..or is it normal? :shrug:

any suggestions/comments?

thanks in advance.

pic 1&2 athlon x2 4400+ / 8800GT (*128C!)

pic 3&4 athlon x2 4200+ / 7300GT

Could just be a bad sensor!

indeed, a bad sensor! coz with that temperature you will no longer be able to run your pc efficiently. i was adding all the temperature readings except the main board temp and it totals 124.2.  so if this caused by a bad sensor then this specific sensor must be summing everything up... minus some 4 points (128C).

ok, thanks. so, should i replace my mobo? it's still under warranty. or perhaps do a step to repair it? if so, how? or is it something i should ignore & go on with my life? i really don't have a clue... sorry. :oops:

well i would suggest you to open the cpu case and check the leads (sensor) that measures the temperature... i don't know how but you can try that, if not, you can just like blow it using a pressurized air to blow off dust, coz dusts usually alters the correct readings.... if this doesn't solve the problem then I would strongly agree to have this thing checked since it's still under warranty.

It's something, and shouldn't be ignored. the sensor is reporting this figure because maybe it really did is measuring something with that temp.

125 d C :violent5: is more than the boiling point and is flaming hot.

125 d C :violent5: is more than the boiling point and is flaming hot.

yeah, i'm quite aware of that.. although i can't feel/ smell/ see anything frying (had it running for 30mins already - since it's covered on warranty in case it fires up). i checked it again and it still shows the same result. the other parts stepped up a bit. 'cept for the mainboard... still 128C.

will have it check. thanks :grin2:

Don't worry about this. its much more common then most people think. If its always been at 128 and never changes, then there is no sensor. If this just started then the sensor just went bad.

Check in the bios and see what is says for motherboard temp.

I had my motherboard replaced last week and installed PCwiz yesterday and just saw the reading earlier today.

i just took a pic of my BIOS and shows this (so far, no boiling point... i think). thanks.

I had my motherboard replaced last week and installed PCwiz yesterday and just saw the reading earlier today.

i just took a pic of my BIOS and shows this (so far, no boiling point... i think). thanks.

nice monitor you got there.  anyway, yeah it's a bad sensor or there is no sensor..

Water boils at 212F

128C = 262.4F well above boiling point! :shock:

:shock: oh... i'll still have it checked though (or replaced). 'just doesn't feel right.

nice monitor you got there.  anyway, yeah it's a bad sensor or there is no sensor..

thanks. you should see my friend's dual 22" set-up...

:2funny: :2funny: I have to visit the Philippines someday.  :grin2:

well... you'll be even more surprised.  :haha:

i'll be happy to show you around.. I'll be getting my license to fly a cessna next week! :) Philippines is also good to be seen from the top!

thanks. you should see my friend's dual 22" set-up...

now that's big..  amazing!

you should, for you to get started you can watch this short clip... 4 mins..

I've been to some places here in ASIA, and each places has something to show, but wait until you visit Philippines, it's really more than the usual..

7107 islands means 7107 destinations..

The beaches is where I'de be,they look to be nothing less of fantastic. They remind me of the Bora-Bora Fiji, no place like it iv'e ever been compares.  no  doubt , I will visit the Philippines at one point. 

you should!

I'll expect to see you soon! keep us posted

nothing wrong with being proud of your country...we post america stuff all over the place...i love this video...i too will go there some day...son as i figure out how to get there without a plane or boat or getting wet...ireland too...and the uk...but again it'll have to be a "poof" and i'm there thing...or a bottle of atavan :)

nothing wrong with being proud of your country...we post america stuff all over the place...i love this video...i too will go there some day...son as i figure out how to get there without a plane or boat or getting wet...ireland too...and the uk...

uhhm, momma T, it will be long till you can drive to the Philippines.. you need to ride a plane. so does this mean you can't come and visit me?  :cry2:

but again it'll have to be a "poof" and i'm there thing...or a bottle of atavan :)

yeah you can take Lorazepam Ativan.. I can give you the shot.

just got back from the store, no problem whatsoever.  :lol: i just have to rely on BIOS rather than softwares in  monitoring pc health (so now i know :oops:). anyway, thanks again for the inputs.

i'll be happy to show you around.. I'll be getting my license to fly a cessna next week! :) Philippines is also good to be seen from the top!

cool... so you're a pilot nurse? and yeah, it's better to see it from afar ...'til you get to the beaches. :haha:

now that's big..  amazing!

his job requires it. i forgot to mention how thick his glasses are. JK :grin2: i do my net surfing on the crt (less eye strain). LCDs tend to be too bright. ....just me. :cool2: