problems getting to testmy.net website

Lately I have been having problems logging on to the testmy.net website and doing download speed tests. Has anything changed recently that would cause this. Problem has been in the past 4-5 days. Worked fine before.

I am always changing stuff... what exactly is the site doing?

I have trouble  also running download smart test..97kb runs.....but the next file won't load....just a blank screen.

I just thought it was Dway at it's finest again  :haha:  but it's just the last 2-3 days.

Ps Put Dway in your spell check please..... :D

I have trouble  also running download smart test..97kb runs.....but the next file won't load....just a blank screen.

I just thought it was Dway at it's finest again  :haha:  but it's just the last 2-3 days.

Ps Put Dway in your spell check please..... :D

( I need to read about how to add entries to the dictionary of my server ) --  I will look into the SmarTest deal... the other sizes work if you click them directly?

Yea CA3LE ...all given files with a listed size run fine...just Smartest 10% of the time glitches.  It's on download and the 97KB file runs but it won't forward to the next file size...just a blank white screen.  This only started 2-3 days ago. However I'm not having problems with the site load....it always works fine.  ;)

Does it flash like it's trying to forward to the next test size?  What size is it that it's forwarding you to (look at the address bar and find s=____ for instance s=1496 - 1496 KB test))

Thanks for your help..... some times web development can be a bitch because everything looks perfect on my end... and on all the many computers I have tested on, but under the perfect circumstances some people will have problems.

By the way, are either of you running a firewall?

Just to see if the server or route was a problem.. I tested at a couple other major speed test sites... I got shitty results everywhere...  Must just be my connection :-/  ~~ I was getting 5.7 Mbps with 460 online a while ago...

TestMy.net

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 3388 Kbps about 3.4 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 414 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Thu Feb 10 2005 12:39:17 GMT-0700 (US Mountain Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 60X faster than 56K 1MB download in 2.47 sec

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-Y8MHQKGD7

pcpitstop

Download speed: 2349 kilobits per second

Test details: 3354 kilobytes downloaded in 11.422 seconds.

Receive buffer size: Not available

DSL Reports

2005-02-10 14:22:14 EST: 3668 / 515

Your download speed : 3756934 bps, or 3668 kbps.

A 458.6 KB/sec transfer rate.

Your upload speed : 527580 bps, or 515 kbps.

Toast.net

Loaded 1,396,595 bytes in  4.625 seconds from 4web-space server. (2416 Kbps)

I don't think is specifically my website... just a congested route,  I will be buying another server pretty soon anyway.  And will implement load balancing, very near future (hopefully)

• 2 weeks later...

OK get to the site good .....but smartest just started doing it's thing again. 97KB test runs  but page errors when it tries to forward to the next file. Refreshed the screen and this is what I get.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is::  Kbps about  Mbps (tested with  KB)

Download Speed is::  KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: 

Bottom Line:: X faster than 56K 1MB download in  sec

Diagnosis: May need help : running at only 0 % of your hosts average (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-I4LJ20T3F

It hasn't done this for eight days now.......462 total users on line at the time???????? :shock: