The American Dream

mudmanc4

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all.

We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

This is it. Thanks man. I guess I was wrong about it being a founding father.

I really hope this thread doesn't become what so many before it have.

It's about shugs last post, it's about what you want. and what you see as the American dream, and where you would like the country to go from here.

Yep its all that. And nothing added or subtracted.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

well for the most part its turned in to what they left behind. And all this political correctness is killing what america is.

Pfft...Political correctness means about as much to me as a used piece of TP. Gotta love the challenge faced when you haft to use what I call "John Wayne" toilet paper though.(Rough, Tough, and wont take no crap off of nobody) It keeps life interesting.  :evil6:

Pfft...Political correctness means about as much to me as a used piece of TP. Gotta love the challenge faced when you haft to use what I call "John Wayne" toilet paper though.(Rough, Tough, and wont take no crap off of nobody) It keeps life interesting.  :evil6:

Sometimes just got to do what is necessary.

:knuppel2: