Windows Configuration with Belkin Router

:undecided:

Hi.

I recently got a new pc and this is the problem. I keep getting booted from the internet. chat programs suddenly go offline etc.

I have a cable connection that then leads to a belkin router because my son's pc is catching the wireless connection from it. my pc with the problem/issues is hooked by a cable into the belkin wireless g router in one of the secondary ports. --confusing--

My question is: do i need to configure the network in xp for this connection or is it automatic. i am really sorry if my question is confusing. I am not really sure how else to ask. 

What should my settings in windows network connections be?

thanks for any input,

cali

Alright... I believe you are asking whether any configuration needs to be done manually for a Windows XP?!? client to connect to a Belkin wireless router..

The answer is no.. The Belkin router, assuming that all of the setting have not been changed, will take care of the configuration.  You should just be able to connect to one of the LAN ports, ports 1-4 on the back of the router, and the computer and router should begin getting you all setup on the network.