New member with slowness issues

tomsidebottom

Hi I'm new here. I have a slowness problem with both my computers. They are a bit old, but I don't think that's the issue.

I'm with Virgin Media and live in Leeds. I did a speed check with this site, and the result was share2-E9QYFG4PJ&dual=yes&q2=B4JXYGAF9

I have a wireless n router that came with it's own USB stick and in my laptop I'm using a PCMCIA TPLink receiver that's apparently the equivalent of G+.

thanks

Tom

edit: title

hi :hello: tomsidebottom...welcome :welcome: to tmn forum... post everything you can about your computer specs...and these guys will help you  with your speed issues...

you wil notice that i edited the title of your topic...this is because at testmy.net there is no such thing as a newbie or newb...we only have people that need answers and solutions and as technology is ever evolving everyone is always learning...so no newbies :smiley:

peace...enjoy your stay...look around have some fun while your waiting for the help you need...

i'm gonna move this to the make it faster board...maybe we can get some help with ur connection...

c'mon tweakin guru's...jump on in and do ur magic for this guy...

browse around and look in people's signatures...some have links to topics that can help you...