Smart Bro Users Beware

carts

somebody maybe using your acount..

somebody may know your email address your password and the secret answer you use..

somebody may know your real name, middle name, and family name.. how???

try this.. first go here https://bro-portal.smartbro.net/login.php then at the service reference number type 10101***** the five asterisk is any number you want.. leave the account number blank  then see what's on the next page....

this is a warning.. change your account passwords now! dont use your name, family name, middle name or anything that you use or inputed in your smart bro portal account page... somebody might be accessing your smart bro email now... :cry:

this is a flaw on smart bro portal page security,,.. warn all your friends who uses smart bro...

@ carts.  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

so what really happened when you entered your reference number and account number on that site?

as far as i know, the legitimate site is https://portal.smartbro.net  [nerdly]

remember that its the www and there are lots of sites pretending to be legit ones.  :sad:

this is a legitimate site of smartbro.. this is the page where you will be redirected if you were not able to pay your bills, or smartbro has detected some system changes in your computer... i was talking to smartbro CS about this last week and it doesnt work. it still has lots of bugs.. it gives off your account details such as name, account number, service reference number, email, and other identifiable details..

i think the portal.smartbro.net is just the secondary authentication, coz as of the moment you will be redirected to bro-portal.smartbro.net whenever you get locked.. worst case is that it's not yet working in the optimum... errors errors and errors...

so i may advice you guys to at least be safe in doing the tweaks coz you wont get authenticated ASAP. this is a beta!

@ carts.  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

so what really happened when you entered your reference number and account number on that site?

as far as i know, the legitimate site is https://portal.smartbro.net  [nerdly]

remember that its the www and there are lots of sites pretending to be legit ones.  :sad:

the new portal page is legit (the one i posted) it is the portal page smart bro uses when your account must be activated the one you posted is also legit (old smart bro portal) you will be redirected to this portal if your account is already activated..

what will happen if you inputed a reference number? didnt you tested the link i posted? any number you inputed the last 5 digits will redirect you to accounts of smart bro users with informations about the user the worst is even the account number is shown.. so do you think this is not a risk???

have you tried accessing the page? it is the new activation page of smart bro.. for info..

this is just my guess, you have discovered the secret to unlock the portal w/c the installers go to whenever there is a new subscriber. there they can view what password to use when opening the account of that new subscriber.

i have tested the old portal but was never redirected to the link you posted. i hope this is only an isolated case.  :sad:

this is just my guess, you have discovered the secret to unlock the portal w/c the installers go to whenever there is a new subscriber. there they can view what password to use when opening the account of that new subscriber.

i have tested the old portal but was never redirected to the link you posted. i hope this is only an isolated case.  :sad:

because your account is already activated that is why you are not redirected to the new portal page of smart bro..

this is the case i quote

this is the page where you will be redirected if you were not able to pay your bills, or smartbro has detected some system changes in your computer.

the password is not even shown here but there is a possibility that someone can try to input some password on your account to gain full access to your smart bro portal page.. and that is the big risk for us.. so i advice change your passwords now for security reasons..

it's not an isolated case.. when the system/smartbro detected a new settings.. you are supposed to go to portal.smartbro.net.. but now its different whenever you get locked out for whatever reason, you first go to bro-portal.smartbro.net  and after that, that's the time you'll be able to go to portal.smartbro.net so it seems like you have to go into 2 types of authentication.. it's okay if thats the case, but the problem is that it says an error even though the CS rep have reseted my account.. i still get the same error..  so i can say it's another pain in the ass...

so beware still

Hmm... I don't know. It really looks like a bug in the way SmartBro is implementing their service. I believe you all remember how they installed your connection. Those 101 numbers are our service reference numbers.  They are used to log in accounts that doesn't have account username and password yet.

I suggest someone who has a connection to Smart's personnel tell them that there is a flaw on their service.

hello guys. I tried the link but the page is not existing anymore. I am not sure since pldt is quite sh*tty lately.... hmmm as always i mean.

But anyway, any of those site is a valid smartbro domain. the portal.smartbro.net is just a subdomain of smartbro. they can create another subdomain under smartbro.net that will still be valid site of smartbro.

i'll do just that..

Hmm... I don't know. It really looks like a bug in the way SmartBro is implementing their service. I believe you all remember how they installed your connection. Those 101 numbers are our service reference numbers.  They are used to log in accounts that doesn't have account username and password yet.

I suggest someone who has a connection to Smart's personnel tell them that there is a flaw on their service.

it happens to me until now. i just didn't mind it. even if they will be able to browse my portal page, they don't get anything from my account except that they will know i'm a prompt payer.  :smiley: aside from that, nothing else.

related fyi: recently, someone told me how to access the portal for smartbro installers. shhhhh  :evil6:

share2-JLUR25KEG

THIS IS MAH TEST SPEED!!!!!!!!!!

I M HAPPY NOW BECAUSE I EXPERIENCE GOOD CONNECTION FROM SMART BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT

BUT

BUT

BUT

IM PREPARING MYSELF FROM THE FRUSTRATING LOW SPEED CONNECTION OF SMART BRO WHICH DEALT    mass DESTRUCTion        TO MANY POOR USERS!!!

IM LUCKY BECAUSE I LIVE IN A SQUATERS AREA BUT NOTICE MY SPEED!!!!

IM A 14 YEAR OLD FILIPINO BUT I KNOW HOW TO CONFIGURE ANYTHING ON MY COMPUTER PERFECTLY!

FOR THE PEOPLE THATS EXPERIENCING THE LOW SPEED, READ THIS!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THERE'S SUCH A SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY LAST CONNECTION WAS    3 kB/s!!!!  DID YOU NOTICE THAT??????????

BUT I SUCCESFULLY TWEAKED IT!!!

IT BECAME      54 kB/s  HOW LUCKY!!!

I SPEND 12 HOURS STRAIGHT FROM 10 A.M TO 10 P.M  JUST TO FIX THAT CRAP!

BUT THANKS GOD!!!! IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY BANG BANG BULLSHIT!!!

I WISH I LIVE IN YEAR 2050 SO THAT THERE WERE INTERNET CONNECTIONS 100X AS FAST AS BLINK OF AN EYE!

hi johnmartin9199 :hello: welcome to the forum :welcome: ...enjoy your stay...congrats on your connection tweak...

please turn your cap lock off...it's bad etiquette...it's yelling...but you probably didn't know that you had it on :) thanks

• 3 weeks later...