Help Connecting PS2 online

RichieD

Hello, I've got a strange problem. I have the newer slimline Playstation 2, Centurytel DSL w/ Westell 6100 DSL Modem( From them), & Linksys WRT54GS V7 Wireless G Broadband Router. I have my PC running Vista wired into the router and my PS2 wired into the the router also. I have MLB the show 07 & 08 for my PS2 and everytime I try to connect online with them on the PS2 I get a Network Connection Error message with no code. I tried bypassing the router and going into the Modem and it just sits there and don't connect or anything. I put my Madden Football in and it connected online fine. I have been in contact with Sony,Linksys,& Centurytel. Sony checked and the MLB sited are working fine & they gave me port #'s to have unlocked. Linksys set my router up for that. Still no luck. I called Centurytel and they tell me all there ports are opened. And they are not trained to deal with game systems online. 2 different techs told me that. I feel like the problem is on centurytel's end and I can't get anything out of them. I have rest and rebooted the modem and Router about 10 times now. Anyone have any Idea's?

Rich 

We have had a lot of trouble w/ different fames and PS2 in the past month as well, I don't have an answer but my condolences, lol, the PS2 says the connection is fine. I'm wondering if it is a memory card issue, did you try another one? It ping fine, but kicks me off as soon as I get online.

Yeah, I tried using my other memory card with no luck. Sony said they have no clue also. This was a new one to them. Its just strange how Madden will connect bit MLB baseball 07 & 08 will not. I have a friend who was able to connect to MLB site with no trouble the last 2 nights and Still no luck for me. Its been about 1 month since I was able to get on MLB site. And I have made no changes on my end. Thanks for the fast reply.