Why do people hate Windows Vista? Has Apple brainwashed America?

CA3LE

People hate change... D just flat out hates it... not sure why, I think it goes back to his unhealthy attachment to breasts. One night I had been at his house living room wrastlin (dont ask, not as gay as it sounds) and I woke up from my exhausted stupor and he was trying to breast feed on me... anywho... the boys not right.

People hate change... D just flat out hates it... not sure why, I think it goes back to his unhealthy attachment to breasts. One night I had been at his house living room wrastlin (dont ask, not as gay as it sounds) and I woke up from my exhausted stupor and he was trying to breast feed on me... anywho... the boys not right.

aww did someone not get any this morning....

I'm all up for change. its a good thing, when done right. These changes they made are piss poor changes that don't work. I could have laid on my bed, twitted my thumbs and came up with better features then Microsoft did.

If they want to make a good change how about you get rid of the registry. That would be the best thing they could ever do.

aww did someone not get any this morning....

I'm all up for change. its a good thing, when done right. These changes they made are piss poor changes that don't work. I could have laid on my bed, twitted my thumbs and came up with better features then Microsoft did.

If they want to make a good change how about you get rid of the registry. That would be the best thing they could ever do.

I like Vista so far. But I do little on it. Basic stuff. Its no "new" OS thats for sure. Feels more like what XP should have felt like. On a similar note I cant WAIT for FF3 to come out.

I still wonder why apple, now that they have switched to a pentium chip does not make a run at the pc?  Darn mac's are just so expensive compared to a pc.

It will be intresting to see what microsoft steals from apple and lynix for there next release.

They are not more expensive a good amount of the time. When you factor in many things, They end up being cheaper many times. 

Take for example the gateway one, Dell XPS one vs the iMac. The gateway and dell have lower specs, then the iMac, but cost more.

And also they are faster, even when running vista http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/reviews/4258725.html?page=1

I still wonder why apple, now that they have switched to a pentium chip does not make a run at the pc?  Darn mac's are just so expensive compared to a pc.

It will be intresting to see what microsoft steals from apple and lynix for there next release.

eh umm......  remember ? unix?    most of the software is created by users? member ? Apple steals from who?  :2funny: :2funny:

eh umm......  remember ? unix?    most of the software is created by users? member ? Apple steals from who?  :2funny: :2funny:

No idea on unix. You could be right? All I know most of what is in vista can be found in either lynix or the mac. If microsoft wants to release something, try something no one else does or uses. Try something cutting edge. Vista imho just took 2 steps back. Trying to keep anyone from tweaking it they way they want. I guess no mater what is tried, either the mac or lynix already beat microsoft to the punch.

No idea on unix. You could be right? All I know most of what is in vista can be found in either lynix or the mac. If microsoft wants to release something, try something no one else does or uses. Try something cutting edge. Vista imho just took 2 steps back. Trying to keep anyone from tweaking it they way they want. I guess no mater what is tried, either the mac or lynix already beat microsoft to the punch.

Ahh, gotcha. Just for clarification, it's  " Linux " pronounced  Lee - nucks . Per xaviar himself, the creator of Linux.  And Leopard has been based on the Unix core for quite some time, if not always, I'll have to look that one up.

Try something cutting edge. Vista imho just took 2 steps back. Trying to keep anyone from tweaking it they way they want.

Thats going to happen. As you get more advanced, there is going to be less tweaking that you can do. The only reason you can tweak windows is because of the registry. Once that is gone, (with in the next 2 releases) there will be no to very little tweaking.

Ahh, gotcha. Just for clarification, it's  " Linux " pronounced  Lee - nucks . Per xaviar himself, the creator of Linux.  And Leopard has been based on the Unix core for quite some time, if not always, I'll have to look that one up.

OS X has used a base of BSD Unix up till 10.5. Leopard uses more of the true unix environment.

But if you go back, OS X is actually 15 years old. A good amount of the stuff we see today is from a company called NeXT PC that jobs started after he was fired from apple. Just about everything we see today with a apple logo on it, is from jobs head, and designed by basically one guy. If you look around for videos of NeXTSTEP you can what OS X looked like before jobs brought it too apple.

With the "pillars" in mind, I decided to take a look at the 11 reasons why Vista remains on shaky ground:

1)Market confusion. From the beginning, everyone moaned about the fact that there were simply too many versions of the OS for sale. Who needs all the variations? It's stupid—plain and simple. What you want is the one best version, not a slew of namby-pamby ones. This happened because the folks at Microsoft know only how to merchandise and, seemingly, not how to market.

2)Code size. I've got two words for you: TOO BIG. Enough said.

3)Missing components. Yes, WinFS, the promised file system and a core pillar of Vista, isn't there. The promises regarding the development of this file system go back to 1991. And Microsoft cannot make it a reality? Why?

4)Laptop battery-life drain. This was supposed to be fixed with special code and hybrid hard disks (HHD). Still, users have to resort to expensive silicon drives.

5)HHD fiasco. I'm still irked about being told by the HD industry that the benefits of the new generation of hard drives will "make people flock to Vista." That was over two years ago, and suddenly there's silence about the whole thing. One of these days, someone will tell me what really happened. My guess: It never worked correctly, and no one could make it work.

6)Bogus Vista-capable stickers. Microsoft's "Windows Vista capable" campaign was an incredible marketing botch. Computers were sold with an indication that they were "Windows Vista capable" when they were not. This did wonders for goodwill.

7)Missing drivers. It seems incredible that all of the Windows drivers that worked with XP did not necessarily work with Vista. How does that happen?

8)Conflicting advice. There was no consistent advice for users about implementation, and Microsoft did nothing to help. Some people said that you should get a new computer only with Vista preloaded and not upgrade. Others said upgrades were fine. Others upgraded and complained. Microsoft should have put up a specialized Web site that could test machines remotely and tell users whether it would be a good idea—or not—to upgrade. A promotional/test CD-ROM that could boot Vista (like those Knoppix Linux disks) would have been a good idea, too.

9)XP mania. You'd think that the world was in love with Windows XP. Everyone wants to keep it on the market, and this makes Vista look even worse. What's more, there were far too many reports about people reverting to XP after an "experience" with Vista. If Microsoft had the testing service that I mention above in place, this would never have happened.

10)Mediocre rollout. Unlike other rollouts of important Windows products, Microsoft did not put on much of a show with Vista. While there were some weird posters placed in subways and maybe a few TV commercials, none of it compared with the rollouts from a few years back, where the company got worldwide attention. By comparison, the company seemed almost sheepish or embarrassed by Vista, something that was also reflected in the recent lackluster rollout of Server 2008—a total snooze. This sent the wrong signals to users and may have made them hypercritical.

11)Performance. You're not supposed to deliver a new operating system that's been in development for more than four years yet performs worse than the previous OS. Performance should be at the top, not the bottom, of the to-do list. You get the sense that Microsoft just piles code on top of code and somewhere in the middle of it all is MS-DOS 1.0.

I could probably put another dozen items on this list. The point is that it's a big list already. With all the resources in the world at Microsoft's disposal, you have to wonder why the company cannot get everything right even once.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2286065,00.asp