Forum board as a whole

Do you think that the forum board needs to be looked over?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the forum board needs to be looked over?

• Yes
    • No
    • Ban the creator of this topic
    • wasnt this supposed to be a family forum?
    • yes...constantly by all members

i may be in trouble for asking this, but ....

Wasnt this forum supposed to be family oriented? IT still has all the great help any forum would want, in terms of technical advice and problem solving. But think about it, Recently this forum has gotten to where all it is is sexual/perveted jokes with a bunch of swearing. Noone can even keep a thread on topic. it always gets derailed.

Dont you think its time for the whole forum to be looked over and fixed? This used to be a place where i could refer people to for good clean humor and technical help.  Now its more of a place where you go for help  and scroll into the off topics and some other threads and all there is is a bunch of swearing and perverted junk.  :tickedoff:

My question is who all out of the members whom post in this forum....think it should go back to the family oriented type of place it was before?

You have to look at it this way, there are always times when a forum moves and evolves, many of the members are experiencing a bit of stress from the turns in the world economics in turn ,, maybe we are just letting off steam.

Swearing is a part of life, to some it is offensive, to others it may be an expression and taken lightly as it should be. Ever notice when you are w/ a person and not much to say, so the weather comes up?  It's called finding common ground.

Do your part , post tech news for one, search the net, it's a big place, help the forum have discussions on those type of topics, not saying your not, nor anyone else reading this, but hell, it's all in fun, and I have seen nothing truly gross, or generally offensive to an mature society. Yea, there has been a few borderline things come up, but the percentage is very slim.

You have to look at it this way, there are always times when a forum moves and evolves, many of the members are experiencing a bit of stress from the turns in the world economics in turn ,, maybe we are just letting off steam.

Swearing is a part of life, to some it is offensive, to others it may be an expression and taken lightly as it should be. Ever notice when you are w/ a person and not much to say, so the weather comes up?  It's called finding common ground.

Do your part , post tech news for one, search the net, it's a big place, help the forum have discussions on those type of topics, not saying your not, nor anyone else reading this, but hell, it's all in fun, and I have seen nothing truly gross, or generally offensive to an mature society. Yea, there has been a few borderline things come up, but the percentage is very slim.

Have you ever noticed you just said "to an mature society".....think about this. there are 14 and 15 year olds probably a few younger that would like to be here and have registered....and not everyone here is mature. Think about those that are 14 years old and when they find all of this sex talk and swearing...what do you think will happen? They will think its ok to just go around talking like that.

I dont care for your arguement honestly.

also, some members get treated way different than others. it just depends on how the staff likes them.

:haha: u should see what goes on behind closed doors here in the mods lounge...now that's some nasty stuff :haha: just kidding...but it might make ur hair turn white :shocked:

seriously i hear ya...and appreciate u bringing this up...sometimes i worry too about the younguns...and the really raunchy stuff goes away...if i see it anyway...

but the crux of the matter is...this forum is huge...and we can't babysit every post...if u look to the right of every post u will see a button that says "report to moderator" that what this button is for...so that all our members can be the eyes and ears of the forum...to be "undercover moderators" as it were :smiley:

as the volume of this forum continues to grow so will the issues...without the help of our members we can't possibly see it all...so never hesitate...i u have a concern with a post, seriously click that button and enter a detailed description of ur concern...and the confidentiality of ur report will always be maintained. if ur offended by something that was said please say so...go ahead and blowup our inbox...we really do want to know...

another thing is...i'm wondering do u have ur censored words turned on or off?...it's on by default unless someone wants to see the cuss words then they turn it off...check it out by looking in ur profile

as for ur request...pm ca3le (he's the only one that can do that)...hope u change ur mind tho...cuz u've posted some really good stuff in there...but maybe u just don't have what with school and all...

Besides what Tdawn said, nobody, and I mean nobody wants to offend you, or anyone if they did , you let us know! Your one of the great ones here, please don't allow something to upset you like this, if there's something else, by all means voice it, either here or by PM my friend.

Oh yea, who has treated you differently, or what have you seen that has made you state that people get treated differently depending on how mods like them?

I feel it is watched pretty closely. In fact I know that it is. In fact most actions that are taken are behind the lines. So in effect you might not even know it is going on for real. This stuff is not displayed for all to see. It done with a touch of respect. And hell yeah I treat you different. Your my neighbor for real.  :wink: State line neighbor.

I hope it all comes clear for you soon.  :grin2:  this is still one of the good forums out there. Where folks can relax, have a bit of fun and go along. As far as "really juicy stuff", well that went out with the members lounge. Ya missed what I really call racy. This other stuff is really kids stuff.  :angel:

So does this mean I outrank you once more?  :smiley:

Phooey! I know that vice admin, he says he likes playin tiddly winks w/ man hole covers , and he thinks he kicks jackass :evil6::haha:

He probably is.

Sorry Mudmanc I fail to follow how ,"Swearing is a part of life, to some it is offensive, to others it may be an expression and taken lightly as it should be.,

has any connection with " Ever notice when you are w/ a person and not much to say, so the weather comes up?  It's called finding common ground."

it's not common ground to cuss , just common , and shows the inability of the speaker to express himself, IMHO

the forum is growing like Topsy  maybe in numbers but not in postings , if it wasn't for the smart Bro tribe it would be seriously down,

I kinda go with SST on this topic ,  and the post count over the past year shows the same trend,

heading south of the border ,

maybe it is time to reserect the members lounge ? ,

Sorry Mudmanc I fail to follow how ,"Swearing is a part of life, to some it is offensive, to others it may be an expression and taken lightly as it should be.,

has any connection with " Ever notice when you are w/ a person and not much to say, so the weather comes up?  It's called finding common ground."

it's not common ground to cuss , just common , and shows the inability of the speaker to express himself, IMHO

the forum is growing like Topsy  maybe in numbers but not in postings , if it wasn't for the smart Bro tribe it would be seriously down,

I kinda go with SST on this topic ,  and the post count over the past year shows the same trend,

maybe it is time to reserect the members lounge ? ,

Your taking what I said out of context and you know it. And things are not headed south of the boarder, Every forum has flucuations.

Your taking what I said out of context and you know it. And things are not headed south of the boarder, Every forum has flucuations.

Im not trying to intervene but it seems like you are sending accusations also. Lets just calm down and all have a general discussion.

and earlier i used the term "arguement" very loosely. more of a debate type thread. you follow?

Im not trying to intervene but it seems like you are sending accusations also. Lets just calm down and all have a general discussion.

and earlier i used the term "arguement" very loosely. more of a debate type thread. you follow?

Yes, it is an accusation, so what! read what I wrote, don't pull what you want and put into your own words.

And don't tell me to calm down, I'm not getting drawn into a pissin match on a childs level.

Those of you that want to change the forum into what you want , I suggest you take it up with the forum owner.

Topic locked until an admin gets here.

and the post count over the past year shows the same trend,

nobody needs to worry about post count...it's way up...from what it was...and actually pretty much the same as this time last year...some people come and never post...this site isn't really about posting...that's an added bonus...ca3le looks at different stats than the ones we look at...and he says the site is the strongest it's been for a long time ...

members only probably won't happen again because of the fiasco last time...maybe may not...i dunno...that would be up to ca3le...

the angry feelings i'm reading in here...i'm not sure where that came from sst just stated how he was feeling...dollars to donuts he didn't even mean it the way it might have been interpreted.

personally i'm not offended by cussing (unless it the f word every other word...or degrading or demeaning terms for or about women...)...but that just me, of course everyone that knows me knows i cuss too much myself...and no...i'm actually very articulate and it doesn't reflect my IQ either...but it's part of my culture...my surroundings...and is a bad habit (like smoking or watching too much tv...i cuss)...not the way i was brought up i assure u...i'm trying to make light here...this is a discussion...check the hormones at the door pleeeease...

:smitten:

This is a tight forum, and always most helpful. So on with the fun. If you think I cuss on here. You'd love me in chat or person. Here I wear a tux so to speak as compared to real life. But if you knew my job and where I worked. You would then more fully understand. And just damned good thing I am not in construction amymore as a contractor. I was horrible back then. Lordy lordy.  :evil6: Not one rainy day missed a bar visit and a few games of pool with the help.

But I do certainly miss the members only forum where momma really let her hair down, then threw it back up. Man those were the short days.  :cry:  Now anything goes it really was, this on here is nothing really.