IE6 freezes on testmy.net - win2k

ss

OK, heres a puzzler for everyone!

I have a PC with Win2k and IE6.

Fully patched scanned and clean.

If I come to testmy.net via IE6 The page will display then the IE6 window freezes. I can wait 30 minutes and nothing happens.

Everything - I mean everything - even simple links. If I try to close the window I get the wonderful MS  "Not responding" window. 

So far (please keep in mind I do not do much browsing) this only occurs on testmy.net. and a few other sites.

I have no problems with firefox... 

I have googled the problem and nothing is really helpful.

I have uninstalled every possible "plug in" and "toolbar" (java, google, etc)

I have uninstalled ie6 and reinstalled.

I have uninstalled using Ieradicator and reinstalled

I have scanned using spybot, hijackthis, adaware, AVG, blacklight you name it.

I ran a windows repair.

I have re-registered all the pertinent .dll's (urlmon, etc)

The problem still remains.

Ideas?  ...other than the "Just use Firefox then..."  response?  I do need IE6 to function and it is a convenience thing -  when using IE6 for the IE required sites - sometimes I open testmy.net and of course I get locked up.

My wife still uses IE6 and this is what I get with it.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 10341 Kbps about 10.3 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1262 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/04/27 - 8:11am

Bottom Line:: 180X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.81 sec

Tested from a 12288 kB file and took 9.734 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 81.52 % faster than the average for host (insightbb.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-L1SIHX9NF

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) [!]

Thanks for the effort anyway!

Now, If you'd just let up on the folding@home, and quit trying to overtake me in the stats....  :icon_pale:

:haha: :haha: :haha:  sure thing, when would you like me to stop ?, I just got another core 2 duo running the SMP client going, should I stop that one as well?  :haha: :haha:

CA3LE:  it still works!

MUD: um- er, uh  :oops:  How about a week or two? Starting now? 

I mean honestly, my bank of Commodore 64's has worked so hard to get to 3rd place, and I wouldnt want to dissappoint then by letting them get beat.  Have a heart!

I guess I will have to dust off my old slide rule and start burning some midnight oil ... :angel:

MUD: um- er, uh :oops:  How about a week or two? Starting now? 

I mean honestly, my bank of Commodore 64's has worked so hard to get to 3rd place, and I wouldnt want to dissappoint then by letting them get beat.  Have a heart!

I guess I will have to dust off my old slide rule and start burning some midnight oil ... :angel:

:2funny: :2funny: ok, I'll start stopping in a week  from the time I hit 10,000,000 points  :evil6: