What's your browser's home page???

MttFrog13

you can have the burners... :haha:  l i dont mind the rain and like you said rain pattering on the roof....nice and relaxing...just crack open a beer and listen to the rain and thats a good relaxing evening!! ....but high winds and living in this always make me uneasy..lol

Ill second ALL of that.  :grin2: :grin2:

ohhh yea i love the dynamo rasios.....theres one  on my dresser....its got world band...AM/FM...wx band...TV audio....airport band.....VERY nice radio...also has solar cells on it in case the crank breaks....doesnt work too well at night though...hmm lmao

ohhh yea i love the dynamo rasios.....theres one  on my dresser....its got world band...AM/FM...wx band...TV audio....airport band.....VERY nice radio...also has solar cells on it in case the crank breaks....doesnt work too well at night though...hmm lmao

solar cells at night, I love it  :evil6:  Mine has the world band as well.   cool to listen to the stuff i can't understand. reminds me of at night when i was a kid at home, my dad did the whole ham radio thing, and all that, I could hear him in his den talkin to people all over, and listen to the atomic clock , that was cool !

never had a ham....but i did the same thing as a kid......being able at night to turn on AM and pick up atlanta...chicago...NYC...cleveland....from vermont was AWSOME...

thought it was the coolest thing...and still listen to WBZ..WSB..WCBS....most of the northeast and a good chunk of the midwest from NC ....

glad im not the only nerd here....LMAO

never had a ham....but i did the same thing as a kid......being able at night to turn on AM and pick up atlanta...chicago...NYC...cleveland....from vermont was AWSOME...

thought it was the coolest thing...and still listen to WBZ..WSB..WCBS....most of the northeast and a good chunk of the midwest from NC ....

glad im not the only nerd here....LMAO

Dad listened and I believe talked to germany and all that, when he could " skip " , on a cloudy night .

i take it skipping on a cloudy night means bouncing signals off the clouds to pick up someone else better?

i dont know much about hams....but im starting to get very interested.....if its anything like using the CB...i just might go get one....

i take it skipping on a cloudy night means bouncing signals off the clouds to pick up someone else better?

Yes, the signal inherently goes " in a straight line, the curvature of the earth causes it to fade as the distance grows, so during times of heavy moisture, and or storms around the world, depends on when , and where you can get signal.

thats cool....starting to google some stuff.....i can already see some setups arent cheap...and i didnt know you needed a licence....but i guess it makes sense to need one...

lots of material to cover....

looks like i have something to do while watching the dodgers and mets this evening...lol 

thats cool....starting to google some stuff.....i can already see some setups arent cheap...and i didnt know you needed a licence....but i guess it makes sense to need one...

lots of material to cover....

looks like i have something to do while watching the dodgers and mets this evening...lol 

Oh yes, you use those channels w/ no license and you won't like it at all!

The radios they use today, are highly sophisticate, bad ass digital VFO's that can go in-between the in-between channels,not like we did it , old tube stuff. You can listen to the air planes talk, and alot more, your not supposed to, and many of the radios have them blocked out, but depending on hoe good you are, or who you know, that can be fixed.

sounds a bit illegal....lol

if i get a system...down the road ill prolly get a basic one...i dont have the extra $$ to get one of those badass systems yet.....lol

what are your thoughts on a handheld system?  i know its not very powerful but maybe good for a noob...??

sounds a bit illegal....lol

if i get a system...down the road ill prolly get a basic one...i dont have the extra $$ to get one of those badass systems yet.....lol

what are your thoughts on a handheld system?  i know its not very powerful but maybe good for a noob...??

Yes , you have to be careful what frequency your on.

I never personally got into it much, so my knowledge is limited.  So I can't say much on the things.  I did have a " mobile " hooked up in the truck at one point, I traded it for a moonraker antenna, I can't believe the guy did the trade, but he did.  :smile2:

my dad had a very elaborate ham set up...huge grounding tower/anntenae thing in the backyard that went i don't know how many feet into the ground (far) and tall...i would play with it...with no handle til i got caught then he set me up my own handle (don't remember it anymore) hahaha...naughty little girl...i used to talk to people all over...

i have one of those wind ups for emergencies and camping...the brand is eton...it was given to me...