GAS STRIKE

SpAwNgOd

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there's supposed to be a gas strike on friday may 2, dont think alot of people are going to pay attention but it would be nice, so if you can don't buy gas on friday please try to do this something needs to be done

It doesnt work , In fact it work the exact opposite. Look at it this way, so you don't buy gas on friday, ok, that means your tank is got less than it would have if you would have filled friday, so they expect a big demand the next day,  :evil6:

All that needs to happen for the price of gas to go down is the dollar needs to get better. Thats all. But it will never do that if the fed keep cutting rates, we are down to 2 points now.  which is almost the lowest its ever been.

They are most likely going to pause from cutting rates now which is a very good thing. If its true and if at the next fed meeting they don't cut rates look for the dollar to go up, and the price of oil to go down.

Oil is way too expensive, and even the oil companies have admitted it finally. They say it should be around $60 a barrel which is about right. 

There you go. I just wish I knew how to get building materials on a bus and to where I want them to go.  :sad:

Some of them buses have those bicycle racks on them. Great place to put lumber as long as it's not over 8 foot long.  :lol:

And if you request the handicapped bus to come to your house is even better. But some of them want proof of injury before they let you on. :knuppel2:

Some of them buses have those bicycle racks on them. Great place to put lumber as long as it's not over 8 foot long.  :lol:

And if you request the handicapped bus to come to your house is even better. But some of them want proof of injury before they let you on. :knuppel2:

Yanno. Thats worth a try.  :2funny: :2funny:  Wish it were true. I also live in the country, 5 miles from civilization.   :wink:

It doesnt work , In fact it work the exact opposite. Look at it this way, so you don't buy gas on friday, ok, that means your tank is got less than it would have if you would have filled friday, so they expect a big demand the next day,  :evil6:

^--  :smiley6600:

All that needs to happen for the price of gas to go down is the dollar needs to get better. Thats all. But it will never do that if the fed keep cutting rates, we are down to 2 points now.  which is almost the lowest its ever been.

They are most likely going to pause from cutting rates now which is a very good thing. If its true and if at the next fed meeting they don't cut rates look for the dollar to go up, and the price of oil to go down.

Oil is way too expensive, and even the oil companies have admitted it finally. They say it should be around $60 a barrel which is about right. 

you are right on the dollar needs to go up ,hope it does ,

but while the rest of the world is buying oil at $120 USD a barrel , you don't have any option , America already has the cheapest fuel in the world , so I don't see much chance of it going down in price , it's now a limited commodity , and forcast to hit $200 within 2 years , just my thoughts ,hope I am wrongt on that ,

you are right on the dollar needs to go up ,hope it does ,

but while the rest of the world is buying oil at $120 USD a barrel , you don't have any option , America already has the cheapest fuel in the world , so I don't see much chance of it going down in price , it's now a limited commodity , and forcast to hit $200 within 2 years , just my thoughts ,hope I am wrongt on that ,

It is forecasted to hit $200 a barrel because the Dollar was so poor. Thats changing now. 1 Day after the fed cut rates probably for the last time we have this http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080501/wall_street.html

When the dollar goes up oil goes down. The only major reason oil really went up was because the dollar was so poor. It looks like that is starting to change. If the dollar start to go up to where it should be the price of oil will be cut in 1/2

Another thing to look at is gold. When the price of gold falls the dollar goes up, and oil goes down. Gold is down to about $850 from over $950 about a month ago.

:lol:  dlewis23  want to put 100 TMN bucks on fuel prices dropping by 1/2 within the year in the USA ?  game on ? yes/ no , i will be using the 100 that shugs still owes me , :lol:

but indeed some good news on your link , as the london exchange will also lift , but we are on a high at the moment , so a bit more upwards is good news for me also over here in the UK

Whatever it takes, I hope it does get somewhat resolved. And if you remember Roco, we just charge less taxes on it. So learn to make cheaper roads bro.  :wink:

:haha: :haha:

:lol: Bro we can always drop some off the tax , maybe as much as $3 USD ,

can you guys do the same ?

just been reading this , and the figs seem about right,

but at $200 USD a barrel the Canadian shale fields could become a possibility ,

"Projecting 2001 production levels, by 2020 83% of global oil reserves will be controlled by Middle Eastern regimes.

The energy security and national security concerns that stem from reliance on a single energy resource that is unevenly distributed throughout the world will be intensified as demand for oil grows. The result will probably be:

A handful of Middle East suppliers will regain the influence they had in the 1970s and once again be able to dictate the terms on world oil markets and manipulate oil prices and world politics.

Middle Eastern producers will continue to use their oil revenues to increase their military expenditures, fuel an arms race and undermine regional stability.

Corrupt, oppressive regimes will continue to use oil revenues as a means to maintain their power.

Wealth generated by oil rich Middle Eastern countries will continue to flow into terrorist organizations and organizations promoting radical Islam.

The U.S. will need to keep increasing American military presence in the region to ensure our access to the remaining oil. This will mean further U.S. embroilment in Middle East conflicts, more anti-American sentiment, and a deepening rift between the West and the Islamic world.

Tension between the U.S. and China due to growing Chinese intervention in the Middle East to ensure its own access to oil and Chinese arming of Middle Eastern countries hostile to the U.S. and its allies.

Further drain on economic resources caused by imports of expensive oil. "

http://www.iags.org/futureofoil.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oil will be about finished in 20 years , thats why my bet with Dlewis is on a winner , it ain't never going to be cheaper than it is now, maybe minor fluctuations in the mean while but the only way is UP long term , sooner we all accept that , and that includes the UK , ( our oil is about gone , ) we sold it cheap years back ,

we now import gas from Russia , without that we would freeze in the winter, I have my catalytic gas fire on at the moment , burning Russian gas , they may decide they need it more than me , and turn the gas off , and I note Russia and America are thinking about building a pipe link between Russia and America,

WOW, times are indeed changing , the world is shrinking , and alegencies  are changing ,

so where are the reds under the bed gone ? and will we all be kissing ass to the islamic nations ?

maybe so , just glad I won't be around to see those times , but my grandchildren will be ,

IMHO cheap oil is gone forever ,

BTW,  I would be happy to be proved wrong on that ,

All so very true, unless we find a renewable resouirdce now to replace oil  real soon. If figures the gov't to be slow in reacting though. They always are. Myself I am really thinking of owning enough acreage to do my own fuel for real. Land is the one thing that can never be replaced. Except on another planet. And I do not intend to move that far right away.  :azn:

Good move bro , as Mark Twain said all those years back ," land they ain't making it anymore " , already in my  area, building land is fetching  $5million an acre, my house built for $1500 USD back in 1937 . is now worth $750,000 USD , and more as a cleared site ,  the rent is valued at $29,000 per year ,

lol,  if I could find a cave to move into I would,  the cheapest apartment in the uk is now around $245,000 USD , and in a poor area, (crime or floods)

some days I just think the world has gone crazy ,

Didnt think about that, but something has to be done,

Yea unfortunantly Mud is right, they dont work. If your gonna use the gas your gonna use it. Doesnt really matter if you buy it today or a week from now. I agree we need to do something about prices. I guess when you have something that is limited in supply and after you use it its gone... well sooner or later your gonna run out.. and its gonna go up in price all the way to the end.