GAS STRIKE

SpAwNgOd

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get better that 50mpg you bet. The oil company's buy up these ideas so they can make even more money!  Who the hell do think they their fooling?

But do we really need 50mpg?

Right now, yes but, If we where using our own oil, not buying oil form anyone with a plan in place that within 20 years all new cars can't use oil they have to use X (what ever that be) then no we don't need 50mpg, what we have now would be more then fine, because it would be the 50's and 60's for gas prices all over again.

How do you put an electric  motor in a Harley?  :police:  And how far could one go on a charge?  :smiley:

Wind, solar, and water produced electric vehicles. Electric trams for the general populace. For now a transition to ethanol. And let them shove the oil up there then well lubed asses.  :evil6:

Hey, might even work.  :wink:

By the way didn't old Ben F. find unharnessed electric in lightning?  [geek]  You would think we would also try to harness that. (joking)

How do you put an electric  motor in a Harley?  :police:  And how far could one go on a charge?  :smiley:

Wind, solar, and water produced electric vehicles. Electric trams for the general populace. For now a transition to ethanol. And let them shove the oil up there then well lubed asses.  :evil6:

Hey, might even work.  :wink:

By the way didn't old Ben F. find unharnessed electric in lightning?  [geek]  You would think we would also try to harness that. (joking)

Have you seen the Tesla Roadster. I saw it on Discovery and it straight out TEARS UP the road. I mean fast as HELL. All electric. I forget the range though. Electric Harley, that would be kick ass.

Hell I'd put a harness on my O'Lady if I thought she could pull me like a mule. :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

You would  spend more feeding her than you would have in GAS!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

But do we really need 50mpg?

Right now, yes but, If we where using our own oil, not buying oil form anyone with a plan in place that within 20 years all new cars can't use oil they have to use X (what ever that be) then no we don't need 50mpg, what we have now would be more then fine, because it would be the 50's and 60's for gas prices all over again.

I see it this way, if we start to use our own oil and have cars that get 50 mpg then we would be able to be dependant on OUR own oil for a much longer time. Am I right about this? Also not only gasoline is produced from these precious fossil fuels, I myself use kerosene for heat in the winter, I filled my tank up with kerosene recently and 200 gallons cost me $970, that is almost $5.00 a gallon for heat. My point is gasolene isn't the only thing being effected by this.

I see it this way, if we start to use our own oil and have cars that get 50 mpg then we would be able to be dependant on OUR own oil for a much longer time. Am I right about this? Also not only gasoline is produced from these precious fossil fuels, I myself use kerosene for heat in the winter, I filled my tank up with kerosene recently and 200 gallons cost me $970, that is almost $5.00 a gallon for heat. My point is gasolene isn't the only thing being effected by this.

Absolutely true.  :thumbsup:

saw some interesting stuff yesterday.

first of all, some dodge dealers are giving 13 grand in rebates on 2k8 rams. 13.000 smackers. insane. just to move the 2k8 models off the lot before the 2k9's hit.

then there's a program by chrysler that you can sign up for if you buy a new chrysler by june 2nd. it will lock in a gas price of 2.99 a gallon for 3 YEARS.

:idiot2:

as for the all-electric vehicles that the treehuggers call zero emissions vehicles...  :bs:

they use only electricity for locomotion. but that electricity comes from somewhere. and odds are it comes from a plant fueled by fossil fuels.

granted, that plant will likely be able to produce electricity far more efficiently and cleaner than a car engine would be able to convert gasoline to motive power, but there are still emissions.

granted, that plant will likely be able to produce electricity far more efficiently and cleaner than a car engine would be able to convert gasoline to motive power, but there are still emissions.

:bs:

Nah man, mine would be solar and wind generated.  :evil: 

Heck man, just look at your shipping and import tax there. Thats why. We get no where the same rebates on land.  :cheesy:

Yeah, there's some electric cares that whip porches off the line. And no OPEC to deal with.

Did you mean the...

2008 Tesla Roadster

100% electric

0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds

13,000 rpm redline

135 mpg equivalent

220 miles per charge

less than $.02 per mile

http://www.teslamotors.com/

BAD ASS!!

Hell no I'd just hang a carrot in front of her and let her chase it! :shocked:

Why didnt I think of that?  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Well those are some amazing offers then. But since mine is paid off, and running fine. I also so nothing on a newer one I need or maybe want. I think I will stay with the paid version. But certainly tempting to say the least. Just hate to start $400+ a month payments again. And really I like ford seats way better. I spend over 100,000 miles in the dog gone thing, it better sit good. Ok you have my curiousity up now. I'll stop by in the morning.  :sad:

Was anyone able to get pricing on that thing? I wasn't about to " reserve " one , fearing they would inevitably hold me to it, imagine that  :smiley:

You know its gonna go over $40,000. If I was gonna be buying anyway. That sure would be tempting though. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

Important Information