GAS STRIKE

SpAwNgOd

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont believe u could get  many to do that because of the high demand and everyone dont have the same gasoline companys :!: to much  political bs

I'm sure  I couldn't get enough to do this.If the idea spreads this would work because it affects all the petroleum companies.Because it would take away billions of gallons of their storage  capicity.Take a 20 gallon tank for example you only put in 5 gallons.That takes 75% of storage in your car that the petroleum companies use if you fill up.The petroleum companies count on this storage.This increases supply so to increase demand the petroleum companies would have to drop the price once all their own storage tanks were full & they had more coming in with no place to store it.

tommie gorman I liked the hydraulic pickup as well.

Personally I'm not sold on the hydrogen vehicles.I think they pose too great a danger in an accident.The fuel cells still aren't efficient enough & make the cost too high.Right now hydrogen costs to much to produce.The cost of hydrogen stations would come out of the pockets of gas & deisel vehicle owners.So for now I'm giving them a thumbs down.In the future maybe not.

I still think a battery needs to be developed  that is nothing like what we know about today.One that is light,holds a large charge & charges quickly.Then an all electric vehicle.say something that would do 200 miles in town & 400 miles highway between charges.Then only take an hour to recharge.I don't know how to do it but with enough research I'm sure it could be done.

and a person could have one or two spares in there for long hauls...and the motels could have a charging station...so u could recharge while u sleep...

bic...welcome :welcome: to the testmy.net forum...hope you enjoy your stay...come back often, stay long...test as much as you need to...for free as always :)

and a person could have one or two spares in there for long hauls...and the motels could have a charging station...so u could recharge while u sleep...

I think you are thinking of something like regular car batteries like fuel cars now use.It already takes about 12 of those for an electric car.That's part of the problem the weight & the constant drain is also hard on them.

I think they are already doing this on prototypes but dual large batteries one use while the other charges with the energy available from the cars motion.One way they are doing this is energy from the braking system.But eventually both need to be charged.This could many times be overnight.But the ability to take a quick charge would be even better.

I think you are thinking of something like regular car batteries like fuel cars now use.It already takes about 12 of those for an electric car.

no u were talikg futuristic...something really lightweight...and i'll add something small and powerful that could be charging the extra one with small solar panels...then full power chge at the charging station...back to the future style...it has to happen

Personally I'm not sold on the hydrogen vehicles.I think they pose too great a danger in an accident.The fuel cells still aren't efficient enough & make the cost too high.Right now hydrogen costs to much to produce.The cost of hydrogen stations would come out of the pockets of gas & deisel vehicle owners.So for now I'm giving them a thumbs down.In the future maybe not.

I still think a battery needs to be developed  that is nothing like what we know about today.One that is light,holds a large charge & charges quickly.Then an all electric vehicle.say something that would do 200 miles in town & 400 miles highway between charges.Then only take an hour to recharge.I don't know how to do it but with enough research I'm sure it could be done.

So your afraid of water? The Stack (aka fuel cell) is very efficient, even right now. And hydrogen is very cheap to produce, its all around us.

Batteries on there own are not the way to go, plug in hydrogen hybrids are the best way, so if you run out of one you still have the other. Batteries are very expensive and don't last that long. after 5 years or so you have to figure out what the hell to do with them when they are totally dead.

You can't carry a extra one. these batters are very big and there are many of them. And they are not going to get smaller. Battery technology hasn't made any significant advances in 100 years and doesn't look like it will any time soon.

Electric motors are still the biggest drawl back they don't offer the kick in the ass like with a regular motor.

You can't carry a extra one. these batters are very big and there are many of them. And they are not going to get smaller. Battery technology hasn't made any significant advances in 100 years and doesn't look like it will any time soon.

again...i thought we were talking futuristic...and yes they will be making advances in bateries...they have to...pretty soon there won't be a choice...

so those hydrogen fuel cells r the ones that run on water??

again...i thought we were talking futuristic...and yes they will be making advances in bateries...they have to...pretty soon there won't be a choice...

so those hydrogen fuel cells r the ones that run on water??

No, but they output water through the process, but they run on hydrogen.  The hyrdrogen can be extracted from water.  They have made advances in batteries, they choose not to implement them, because of a little thing called planned obsolecense.  That's why we don't have lightbulbs that last forever.....except for that one that was invented first.  Ya know, the one that's still burning....

That's why we don't have lightbulbs that last forever.....except for that one that was invented first.  Ya know, the one that's still burning....

huh??

No, but they output water through the process, but they run on hydrogen.  The hyrdrogen can be extracted from water.

yeh that's what i was talking about...the hydrogen is extracted from the water...the energy is used from the hydrogen...then all ionized back into water as emissions...i thought that project was buried by the gov't

yeh that's what i was talking about...the hydrogen is extracted from the water...the energy is used from the hydrogen...then all ionized back into water as emissions...i thought that project was buried by the gov't

No they didn't, hydrogen is the fuel that will save the country. Thats why Ford and GM are pushing it so hard.

Here you go momma. I got it in a forwarded email, and since most of what I get is forwarded I seldom send you too much. Don't wanna dirty up the doorway there.  :wink2:

The World's Longest Running Light Bulb

Incredibly, there is a light bulb in Livermore, California that has been burning since 1901.
http://blog.lampsplus.com/archive/2007/10/18/the-world-s-longest-running-light-bulb.aspx

You want to lower gas price, a gas strike will not work. The only thing that is going to lower gas price now is to lower the demand. It's that plain and simple. Buy a more fuel efficient  car, car pool and plan your daily trip better so you can do everything you have to do in one trip. That about all you can do for now. Hopefully in the future there will be more thing you can do.

And thats the truth, now if your buy8ing a new car anyway. Then of course check on mileage. But not just for the mileage, it never pays off in the end cost. NOt only car po9oling people, but make sure you do not make extra trips. Think before you leave, and make a list.  :wink2:  I have done that for years. And get real pissed if I forgot to write it down and am already back home. Then it has to wait till the next trip.  :idea:

Good luck motoring guys.  :cool:

None of this will ever happen.

I did not say it would happen, particularly when the majority of Americans are too interested in American Idol than what their government is doing. I mean, what if we actually held our government officials accountable and demanded real policies that would drop gas prices, I mean

I did not say it would happen, particularly when the majority of Americans are too interested in American Idol than what their government is doing. I mean, what if we actually held our government officials accountable and demanded real policies that would drop gas prices, I mean

Isn't that what we signed over in the other thread mudmanc?

Now remember this was setup just for such a day, or I hope this is the right time anyway. We have been buying oil abroad because it was plentiful and cheap. Now that it is not so anymore, is when the time was right to use our resources. So hopefully the time is ripe.  :brave:

We have been saving it because the winner in a war is one that has his own available resources to provide his army with. And this is a pretty much a multiple resourced country.  :smiley: Thank god.