uxtheme.dll patch

mudmanc4

I'm trying to install a theme from " ZUES " from <a href=http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/art/WIN-ZEUS-OSX-THEME-FOR-VISTA-68544169>here</a> , I have downloaded the " uxtheme patch, and screwed up my installation half way through.  :roll: Because I did as the instructions stated and changed the current uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.old , then I had to make a run out of here, and lost my place. So windows wont get past the boot screen , it says it's on a fubar holiday. I tried fixing it through OSX, but I can't edit any of the win sys files through OSX.

Obviously I'm going to have to re install the whole shebang, OSX/bootcamp/Vista , because I tried to repair windows w/ the disk, and it won't let me, and I always shut restore off  :roll: 

AAR, what is the correct way to do this, is there a failsafe way to add themes to Vista w/o so much BS?

AAR, what is the correct way to do this, is there a failsafe way to add themes to Vista w/o so much BS?

Yea use windows blinds  :haha:

And I gotta say that is one ugly OS X theme. But I guess since you are starting with a crap theme you end up with a crap theme.  :haha:

Yea use windows blinds  :haha:

And I gotta say that is one ugly OS X theme. But I guess since you are starting with a crap theme you end up with a crap theme.  :haha:

Vista already sucks the life out of a system, windows blinds would do that much more. Besides, I wouldn't pay for something to change the way my OS looks.  :roll:

I'm trying to install a theme from " ZUES " from <a href=http://zeusosx.deviantart.com/art/WIN-ZEUS-OSX-THEME-FOR-VISTA-68544169>here</a> , I have downloaded the " uxtheme patch, and screwed up my installation half way through.  :roll: Because I did as the instructions stated and changed the current uxtheme.dll to uxtheme.old , then I had to make a run out of here, and lost my place. So windows wont get past the boot screen , it says it's on a fubar holiday. I tried fixing it through OSX, but I can't edit any of the win sys files through OSX.

Obviously I'm going to have to re install the whole shebang, OSX/bootcamp/Vista , because I tried to repair windows w/ the disk, and it won't let me, and I always shut restore off  :roll: 

Gee why do people HATE vista so much. Thats why im switching to lynix.

Gee why do people HATE vista so much. Thats why im switching to lynix.

The only reason I even have the thing, is I got Ultimate for $ 100.00 . I bought it because I have had to decline repairs due to being unfamiliar w/ it. I suppose I should just leave it alone, as most of the people that will need assistance don't get as invasive to the %root% .

The only reason I even have the thing, is I got Ultimate for $ 100.00 . I bought it because I have had to decline repairs due to being unfamiliar w/ it. I suppose I should just leave it alone, as most of the people that will need assistance don't get as invasive to the %root% .

Can you even boot lynux with vista? I have seen few have issues with it.

Can you even boot lynux with vista? I have seen few have issues with it.

Yes you can. people have issues because they never install it right. linux goes last because it is the newer operating system then vista. Everyone installs linux first which is a huge no no.....