General

gustavius

Hi, I've actually been using testmy.net for a long time to test net speeds and I signed up as a user long ago also but now let's see how the forum is.

I own a Toshiba Satellite x205 s9359 and subscribe to Comcast cable broadband. This gives me tremendous computing power and my appetite for IT is rapacious.

So, just wanted to say hi and hopefully I'll find some interesting people to compare information with.

%7Boption%7D

Here's the latest test results. This package runs me about $63 monthly for broadband and TV cable w/HBO.

I've been using testmy.net for years. Never got involved with the forum. I will use it now to post questions and hopefully find some knowledgeable readers.

:.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 9140 Kbps about 9.1 Mbps (tested with 12288 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1116 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2008/05/04 - 4:35pm

Bottom Line:: 159X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.92 sec

Tested from a 12288 kB file and took 11.013 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 48.57 % faster than the average for host (comcast.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-KEP4IZ0Q5

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Safari/525.17 [!]

As far as I know there's no bandwidth limit although I have heard of Comcast dropping contracts of people who are doing excessive downloading. This would be people who are illegally burning movies for resale and the like.

As far as I know there's no bandwidth limit although I have heard of Comcast dropping contracts of people who are doing excessive downloading. This would be people who are illegally burning movies for resale and the like.

Man that would stink to get your service dropped for doing what your online for  :roll:

I suppose what I was getting at was, there is always a file in your modem that allows only a certain amount of bandwidth. (bootfile )  Not really how much you download, but at what speed your modem is programed to run at.

Like my service is w/ roadrunner, they have a 15 Mb down limit, and a 768 Kb upload limit. 

In meaning  this is what speed I can download , or upload at, and no more. Not the quantity.