Smart Bro -> Pldt MyDsl question

Guest adz1922

Guest adz1922

I am a current Smart Bro Subscriber and planning to change to PLDT Mydsl 999..

I have a few questions:

1)What are the speeds of the plans for 999 PLDTMydsl(with landline ,and the without landline plan)

2)Can  PLDT MYdsl forward ports??

3)How much do you pay for your pldy mydsl(w/ land line and w/o landline)

4)what are your current speeds??

5)Do i have pay for disconnection of Smart Bro??

Please Answer all of This

I have both SB (my home office) and PLDT MyDSL (my sis' pc) and also plan to leave SB soon (my lock-in expires in a couple of months) and switch all connections to PLDT (Plan 999 w/o Landline). SB is OK, I just grew tired of it.

First off, I haven't got any tweaks or anything of that sort (w/ both PLDT and SB) so the speeds shown are very much basic (I just didn't want to mess up w/ any of my registries, 'just me).

I haven't tried port forward(ing) in MyDSL (I use BitComet w/ default settings) (also, I really hate torrents so my DLs are just limited > no movies or games, etc... - 'just me)

I think there are no added fees (in SB) as long as the lock-in expires - correct me if I'm wrong.

The PLDTMyDSL speeds shown are from a few months back (my sis is out-of-own since April) but it's basically the same. Speed average @ 700Kbps. Again, no tweaks.

Guest adz1922

Thanks bro.. Keep the suggestions comin' :o

By tomorrow, ill unsubscribe to smart bro and subscribe to PLDT MYDSL,, bye2 smartbro, it was a really bad time spending my piece of life with you even though i have benefited from you(smart bro) even in just 2years...  :evil6:

Guest adz1922

I have both SB (my home office) and PLDT MyDSL (my sis' pc) and also plan to leave SB soon (my lock-in expires in a couple of months) and switch all connections to PLDT (Plan 999 w/o Landline). SB is OK, I just grew tired of it.

How does it work without the land line?? Im just wondering, i though a DSL Broadband cannot work without a landline... :idiot2:

@becman

bro where can i get that program that monitors your download stats?

is this what you mean? http://www.download.com/Net-Meter/3000-2155_4-10435551.html

the one i posted above can be seen here at TMN (Main Menu bar - below testmy logo)

Misc Tools>Score Database>key in Computer ID or Username>hit Submit Query

How does it work without the land line?? Im just wondering, i though a DSL Broadband cannot work without a landline... :idiot2:

we already have landline(s). what i meant was without the telephone unit (if there is such a promo) :lol:

Does it mean that I have to subscribe to a landline just to have pldt mydsl??

I just went to check the web if they have details regarding the promo but now i'm also confused. it says something about a canopy too (if so, maybe you don't need a landline but it will just be back to canopy again - w/c i hate coz we have this big tree and tends to block the line-of-sight of my AP). My sis was just provided with this small box (about 5" x 8") where you can plug the landline, phone and internet. Her room's locked so I can't take a pic of it yet.

Guest adz1922

does your sister have a landline?? i think that box you were referring to is the router.. does it mean that xperience is wireless?? does it mean that you are also wireless?? would it still be like smart bro because it is wireless?? can i forward port with a wireless connection like that?

does your sister have a landline?? i think that box you were referring to is the router.. does it mean that xperience is wireless?? does it mean that you are also wireless?? would it still be like smart bro because it is wireless?? can i forward port with a wireless connection like that?

Yup, we used the existing landline. It's kinda like a router (you can only hook-up to just one PC) but it came w/ the PLDT package. I was amazed that time of how simple the whole set-up was when it got installed. No going on the roof and stuff.

And if it's indeed wireless (Xperience), then what's the point? Right? You're only going to change the name. sheeesh....  :buck2:

My sis will be back this 15th (from Melbourne, Aus) so I'll just have to ask her when she arrives. But hers is certainly NOT wireless.

Guest adz1922

So you mean its just like smart bro?? Shouldn't i change to dsl now?? is that what you mean?? does it have the same speed as smart bro??

It's like this:

My/Our SmartBro : wireless (i get 300-400Kbps average [untweaked])

My Sis' PLDTMyDSL : wired (using the regular phone wire - NOT wireless - and she gets 600-800Kbps average [untweaked])

This Xperience thingy (i can't remember her package being called by that name when it got installed) has a canopy system like SBro (based on their site's info posted above) so it must be wireless just like SBro.

I dunno.... have to check on it further.

Try checking out other ISPs (BayanTel, Globe...) before changing... Me, i hate bayan and globe... just me. :grin2:

Guest adz1922

lol :cheesy:

I just told my mom to disconnect from smart bro and subscribe to Pldt MyDSL 999. I hope i have made a great decision..

Guest adz1922

Is it true that in Xperience 999, i should pay the landline bill separately?? How much does the land line bill cost?? Thanks

You know what?... I've searched the net for other ISPs here (M.Mla) and found out that BayanTel seems more reliable. Also Zpdee (SKY) internet. There are a lot of complains from PLDTMyDSL (hehe... so what's new?). But I experienced MyDSL firsthand and so far it was OK.

I don't know the billing stuffs yet.

That Zpdee sounds promising (cable - expensive but MAYBE more worth it) .... :icon_study: i dunno...

• CA3LE locked this topic