windows service pack 3 for XP Users

Buntz

AW! the address bar option on your bottom taskbar is gone.  No more can I type in my desired website right next to my start button  :cry:

Service pack 3 took more then 30 min start to fin... restart... lol.

AW! the address bar option on your bottom taskbar is gone.  No more can I type in my desired website right next to my start button  :cry:

Service pack 3 took more then 30 min start to fin... restart... lol.

Yes, I noticed how long it took, musta been installing some serious spyware/tracking stuff  :2funny:

I still have IE 6. Only use it for windoze updates(none of that auto-update crap either. Pick and choose). Hopefully the XP SP3 does not upgrade it. But I'm chicken to do the Service Pack update until at least 2 more weeks.  :icon_pale:

My Vista Basic box is ready for the updates to SP1. But Vista box does not have any important stuff on it.  Other than the Blue Screen of Death add-on that Microsoft so graciously added as a feature.

I still have IE 6. Only use it for windoze updates(none of that auto-update crap either. Pick and choose). Hopefully the XP SP3 does not upgrade it. But I'm chicken to do the Service Pack update until at least 2 more weeks.  :icon_pale:

My Vista Basic box is ready for the updates to SP1. But Vista box does not have any important stuff on it.  Other than the Blue Screen of Death add-on that Microsoft so graciously added as a feature.

I dont blame you for waiting man, I still have not put the new SP on Vista yet. Welcome to testmy.  :grin2: :grin2:

i found a vista simulator for xp.

first, you activate all the bells and whistles xp comes with.

then you remove haf your ram and underclock your cpu.

voila!

:s  My stuff is all recognized ...  :lipsrsealed:

Now dxdiag doesnt recognize all my ram.. 

i found a vista simulator for xp.

first, you activate all the bells and whistles xp comes with.

then you remove haf your ram and underclock your cpu.

voila!

You forgot. Make sure you pay 3 times more than what its really worth. Change your settings so even the user has to jump through hoops to get access to your files.

No probs. with Sp3, just built a slipstreamed Xp/Sp3 disk, you don't need Sp1a or Sp2

working great , but still takes some real estate though ,  :evil2: but I guess not as much as Vista , guess I will skip that one till 7 comes out ,

:s  My stuff is all recognized ...  :lipsrsealed:

Now dxdiag doesnt recognize all my ram.. 

It won't because the 32bit OS can't use more than 3 GIGS.  M$ patched Vista to display the correct amount of installed RAM (If your BIOS supports it), but the OS can only access up to 3 gigs.

I read most of the Micro#$%&*$  Kb articles about SP3, when

I read the one that basically said that it installed all the updates

from the past, even the ones I opted not to install, that was

enough for me.  I WILL NOT BE INSTALLING IT ON MY JUNK.

IMHO it is only some more forcefeed from MS to try getting you

to buy Vista when you get tired of the SP3 junk.

Had a odd problem with Sp-3 , I was running Xp pro (legit )  I did a ASR backup before running Sp3 , reinstalled XP pro+Sp3 from a slipstreamed disk , all went well,

and I had Sp3 installed , then I ran my backup , all is working fine , but System properties tells me I am back on SP2  :shock:, although hard drive used space tells me I have Sp3 on , any one else seen that ? or have any sugestions how to check I have Sp-3 installed ?