How to install wi-fi driver on a laptop

grift3r74

Good Day!!

Ive just reformatted my Lenovo thinkpad laptop and installed drivers for it . But there is one problem, the wi-fi that worked before the reformat isnt working right now (I already installed all the drivers including the WI-FI).. The wi-fi indicator light doesnt even turn on.. Am I missing something?

Any help would be much appreciated.. Thanks!!  :smile2:

You did go into device manager and what did you see? Any yellow ▲ w/ ! in the middle , ?

Yeah, theres a yellow exclamation something that says "unknown device".. This means it doesnt recognize the hardware (WI-FI).. what do I do?

(Wow, youre promoted to mod.. congratulations  :smiley:)

Yeah, theres a yellow exclamation something that says "unknown device".. This means it doesnt recognize the hardware (WI-FI).. what do I do?

(Wow, youre promoted to mod.. congratulations  :smiley:)

Oh they'll be sorry they promoted me  :2funny: :2funny: j/k  not  :haha: :haha:

Can you see the wifi device in there, and is the driver installed?

If you have a system cd that has the drivers installed on it, I would say go ahead and re-install the drivers.

If not, you should be able to click on it, to install the driver, when it asks to search , say no, then say have disk, then point to the driver that you have, on whatever media it is.

The laptop was sent to me from morocco as a gift.. They forgot to send the CD..

Im downloading the drivers here

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-64283

How can I know the name of my wifi card (I cant see it in device manager).. I cant use the manual since its in french language. Maybe I installed the wrong driver..

The laptop was sent to me from morocco as a gift.. They forgot to send the CD..

Im downloading the drivers here

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-64283

How can I know the name of my wifi card (I cant see it in device manager).. I cant use the manual since its in french language. Maybe I installed the wrong driver..

There are programs that will tell you the system hardware, gimmie a minute  , .............

Oh they'll be sorry they promoted me  :2funny: :2funny: j/k  not  :haha: :haha:

Actually, you were demoted :twisted:

If you have the brandname of the laptop, and which type it is, both of which should always be visible somewhere on the laptop, then you can hop over to the website of that brand, and get the drivers from there.

If you have the brandname of the laptop, and which type it is, both of which should always be visible somewhere on the laptop, then you can hop over to the website of that brand, and get the drivers from there.

Better idea then installin everest or PCwizard08.

Yes, I was demoted, but I didn't wanna lead on to that  :laugh:

Its here,

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-64283#wireless

Wifi is networking wireless LAN right.. :uglystupid2: Please help me find the right driver..It can be found on the link above. Sorry for being such a noob LOL

have you not tried letting windows find the right drivers? or no internet access at all?

if the drivers are on that site, then download and install one of em

I tried all the wireless lan drivers but it doesnt work... The Wi-fi indicator light doesnt turn on and it doesnt connect..

This is driving me crazy since I cant use one of a laptops most important functions..  :buck2:

have you not tried letting windows find the right drivers? or no internet access at all?

if the drivers are on that site, then download and install one of em

Hes on here

also u might want to try a bios update

my laptop wifi didnt work until i updated the bios

I tried all the wireless lan drivers but it doesnt work... The Wi-fi indicator light doesnt turn on and it doesnt connect..

This is driving me crazy since I cant use one of a laptops most important functions..  :buck2:

Yeah that looks like a bios problem to me

try to load the defult configuration before u flash an upgrade

Yeah that looks like a bios problem to me

try to load the defult configuration before u flash an upgrade

It worked before, w/ the same bios version, I would not do this , it may just compliment more problems, It's just a matter of the correct driver.

Hes on here

also u might want to try a bios update

my laptop wifi didnt work until i updated the bios

How can I update it, just download the bios, install and restart? Wont it mess the settings? ( sorry, havent done it before.. Im downloading now)

First try to load defult settings

press F10 or F1 whichever gets you in the bios as you boot up the laptop

then read at the bottom for the key combination that loads the defults settings

then just save and exit

see if that works before trying it

Also u want to perfom a bios update on a full charge and plug in to the wall

Just FYI

First try to load defult settings

press F10 or F1 whichever gets you in the bios as you boot up the laptop

then read at the bottom for the key combination that loads the defults settings

then just save and exit

see if that works before trying it

Also u want to perfom a bios update on a full charge and plug in to the wall

Just FYI

After reading mudmancs post, it scared me.. do I really need to update the bios even if it worked before the reformat?