Windows Vista SP1 Update

jdbendijo

Does anyone here have problems installing the SP1 update of vista? I tried updating the SP1 from my auto update and after the installation and restarted my pc, I can't seem to adjust my display settings and my sound card was not detected automatically. I thought Vista have fixed a lot of problems since it's already an update but it got worst than I thought.

I had a lot of problems after updating the SP1. Lot's of drivers were not detected. What a nightmare.

Does anyone here have problems installing the SP1 update of vista? I tried updating the SP1 from my auto update and after the installation and restarted my pc, I can't seem to adjust my display settings and my sound card was not detected automatically. I thought Vista have fixed a lot of problems since it's already an update but it got worst than I thought.

I had a lot of problems after updating the SP1. Lot's of drivers were not detected. What a nightmare.

Did you thoroughly read what must be done before the installation of SP1?  I see this as more of a beta then anything, you said you found it on your auto update? I wasn't aware they placed it there as of yet. Last I looked it was a stand alone.

Vista sp1- I believe i received it in a auto update- No problems other than my sound card intially- which vista then did an auto search for the correct driver- all iss ue's were self corrected by the OS within a few minutes.

I do however Know Vista has many capability issues with many programs, in addition too Battlefield 2- i am currently still unable to install the map mod on vista- The mod it self will tell you it is not ca patable with vista, so it was no surprise. I haven't found a way around the installation issue yet. Any idea's other than running the installation in XP mode?

I did install the beta version of SP1 @ 1 time, which imposed many problems and i was force to remove it with in a week.

Ps. i truly appreciate the spell check feature in these forums:)

I have Vista SP-1 on two computer with no problems. The first is on my new laptop, it came with Vista SP-1 64 bit. The second copy I put on the computer I built. It also has Vista SP-1 64 bit . The computer that I built has a Creative SB X-FI sound card in it and a  Nvidia 9800x2 graphic card. Both are working with no problems. I download Vista SP-1 for the second computer from Microsoft stand alone update page.

it was on my auto update but it didn't notify me or it was not on my system tray that there was an update until I read from microsoft website that the SP1 was already available for update. So, when I checked my auto update, there sure is the SP1 sitting on my auto update. So, I clicked the "install update" button. I was hoping that it will solve the problems I encountered with vista but instead, it messed up my video and sound driver.

I just got a update on Vista today, and now Windows Firewall will not turn on. Anyone know why it is doing this? I am just about to download ZoneAlarm.

I use ZA as one of my firewalls- yes i have more than one :) and Yes i know i don't need more than one:) Over paranoid protection. anyhow i like ZA, i'm not sure Why your firewall is down unlees you have another firewall installed, that will shut down the windows firewall , ZA Shuts down the windows firewall.

take care and good luck