need help with website

Guest kamil234

Guest kamil234

im trying to upoad templates to a website using joomla, but when i click upload and install it says

Installer - Error 

The installer can't continue before zlib is installed 

[ Continue ... ] 

anyone has any idea whatto do? thanks.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamil234

i figured that. I dont get how to upload it tho cuz when i try t do it it says its missing. Maybe u can help me ill msg u on aim when ur on.

Also amke sure the templete is for the version of joomla your using try using several of them to see if you can get one install

just to see if your doing it right or if it is the templete

I am using e107 it is nice for a simple website

Guest kamil234

its  the right one im using1.0.x its not just templates its everything even when i try to install zlib or other components. Can some one type me up a lil step by step on how to do it?

Pleaseeeee

kamil i'm sure dlewis will be in here soon as he's back on...he'll know this for sure...hang tight...

it may be morning tho...i think it's like midnight where he is and i know he works early but accesses from work :

Look here on how to install the templates manually http://www.joomlaresource.com/Content_Management_System_Tutorials/How_to_Joomla/Manually_Installing_Joomla_Templates/

As far as zlib how did you install it? Its probably not compiled with PHP or apache.

What kind of hosting is it? Dedicated, VPS, Shared? And what are the specs. OS? any control panel?

Guest kamil234

that's the point, i didnt installl zlib, I took over maintaining the site and the person who did it befre me didnt install it so im trying to find out on how to do it. im pretty sure its a dedicated server. don't know the rest.

that's the point, i didnt installl zlib, I took over maintaining the site and the person who did it befre me didnt install it so im trying to find out on how to do it. im pretty sure its a dedicated server. don't know the rest.

Well first find out if it is a dedicated server or not. Also find out if there is any control panel. If there is like cpanel, LXadmin, plesk, they have auto installers for things like this.

Guest kamil234

well i asked the owner of the store and he knows as much as me basically. he says he thinks its shared and he doesnt know the rest. the last web guy did everything

well i asked the owner of the store and he knows as much as me basically. he says he thinks its shared and he doesnt know the rest. the last web guy did everything

:haha: :haha:

ok.... Well if its shared then your not installing anything. Did you get the info to login to the account's control panel and FTP?

Guest kamil234

it wasn't. i got it tho. :)

now im in there, im in the component folder, when i go to download zlib there's like 4 different links, which one should i get

Guest kamil234

dark : its not a problem no more, ill just upload them manually.

another question as i edited a theme, the theme right now has the header links on top like shown here :

original-1.jpg

and now that i made/edited a new theme it shows as this :

after.jpg

there's no links, only shows main page. can anyone [dlewis lol] tell me how to add links or how to edit the template so those links pop up on it? i dont know php so i cant do anything haha.

thanks.

You need to find the place in all the template files where the line is you want the links. Since they split it up into many sections it shouldn't be too hard too find. Then you just need too put the code of the array of the menu in there. It may or may not work because the template file may not be loading the right scripts too pull in the meny so you may have to fix that too.

Guest kamil234

would u mind helping me with it i can send u the template or whatever you need, im not that good with it and honsttly ii have no idea what to do with it.