Blue Ray

rhapsodyfan

PS3 is the best deal, whether or not you use it for games.  Plus the firmware updates will make sure that it always supports the latest features...

Thats what i use my ps3 for, and does an really nice job up converting my existing dvd collection

PS3 is the best deal, whether or not you use it for games.  Plus the firmware updates will make sure that it always supports the latest features...

The PS3 is the worst blu-ray player. The samsung BDP-1500 is a pretty good player, and the LG superblu players are also good.

Personally I wouldn't waste my time with blu-ray. Optical formats really aren't the way too go anymore. If you have the internet connection, get a apple tv and get all your HD moves from there.

hey everyone

i am planning on buying a blue ray player soon and i was wondering if it will work with a HDTV that is only a 720p and not the full 1080p. thanks for any help

mike

Yah that should work great. Personally I can't really tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, but maybe thats just me. *shrug*

The PS3 is the worst blu-ray player. The samsung BDP-1500 is a pretty good player, and the LG superblu players are also good.

Personally I wouldn't waste my time with blu-ray. Optical formats really aren't the way too go anymore. If you have the internet connection, get a apple tv and get all your HD moves from there.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/sony-ps3-best-bd-player-out-there-225490.php

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080118-new-nlu-ray-2-0-spec-makes-ps3-the-most-future-proof-player.html

http://kotaku.com/340668/ps3-is-still-the-blu+ray-player-to-buy

IMO I think the PS3 is the way to go. It's the best Blu-Ray player and you can play games, use it as a computer, web browsing, and much much more.

This coming from people who have no clue what the hell they are talking about, or know anything real image quality.

Don't believe anything you read on the internet. Blu-Ray is shit, HD-DVD is shit (and dead  :evil6:), and the PS3 is a shit box Blu-Ray player, and anyone who knows what they are talking about will tell you that.

There is so much digital artifacting with the PS3 its not even funny. When I look at a movie playing on it, it looks like a damn mosaic wall. The samsung player is far better, but it too is still crap. Sony's players suck too.

If you want a real blu-ray player get your self a Denon 3800. But your going to pay out the ass for it.  :grin:

Blu-ray is already on the way out in many ways because it has failed to catch on in the home theater market, and thats a big market. (and i'm not talking about your little, go to best buy, by a TV and a rack for your 2 pieces of equipment, thats not home theater you all stole our name  :haha:)  All of the jobs we have done in the past year, not one has had a blu-ray player. And right now we are doing one of the biggest ones ever in las vegas, and it will not have a blu-ray player, why because they suck, its not worth it.

Part of the problem is all the copyright crap that is in them, it doesn't allow us too take the audio out the right way. The other part is with the quality, its just bad for the majority of the movies...

I would agree with this post. I love Blu Ray on my PS3. D obviously disagrees (he always thinks its his way or the highway..  :grin: )but for the price and considering you can download any firmware/updates directly via the net it is the best for the money. In the past the PS3 has been very fast to get the new features and puts out a GREAT picture. Add in you can surf the net and play games on the ps3 plus it does a GREAT job of upscaling  DVDs (well, about as good as you can get without spending a grand) you just cant lose.

I would agree with this post. I love Blu Ray on my PS3. D obviously disagrees (he always thinks its his way or the highway..  :grin: )but for the price and considering you can download any firmware/updates directly via the net it is the best for the money. In the past the PS3 has been very fast to get the new features and puts out a GREAT picture. Add in you can surf the net and play games on the ps3 plus it does a GREAT job of upscaling  DVDs (well, about as good as you can get without spending a grand) you just cant lose.

:iamwithstupid:

Thats because it is my way or the highway  :haha: I deal with this crap on a daily basis and I'm sick of seeing people getting ripped off because they were told something was good when its crap. Its worse then the computer industry, everyone is in it too get in your pocket. They will sell you anything to make a buck.

The PS3 does about as good of a job upscaling dvd's as the xbox 360 does. You can spend a 100 buck and get a far better upscaling dvd player.

Thats because it is my way or the highway  :haha: I deal with this crap on a daily basis and I'm sick of seeing people getting ripped off because they were told something was good when its crap. Its worse then the computer industry, everyone is in it too get in your pocket. They will sell you anything to make a buck.

The PS3 does about as good of a job upscaling dvd's as the xbox 360 does. You can spend a 100 buck and get a far better upscaling dvd player.

:kiss: :kiss: :haha: I love you man.

Im still using VHS in my house

I got a 3 yr old brother

Why throw out the old cartoons i had

Or do you think a 3 yr old will take care of a precious disc?

Nope

Plus buying Vhs in goodwills and garage sales are really cheap

Do you think he cares about "HD TV" ?

Nope as long as Superman, Picachu and Winnie the Pooh

show up o the screen he dont give a shit

I use dvd's and dont see the point of upgrading