Tips and Trick in tweaking PLDT DSL.

etgo

guys, i need some tips and trick on tweak pldt dsl..

i been calling the hotline for 2 weeks now.. still no solution.

the problem is, i have plan 1mbps, dynamic ip, but i only get 200+up and 90+down in speedtest result. aside from this, 5-6x disconnected with in a day.

ip settings is auto obtain.

adsl modem been change for 3x already.

need some inputs guys..

• 3 weeks later...

Me too.I changed my ISP from smartbro to pldt my dsl.one of my pc cannot renew its ipconfig.help me all the gurus out there.is it in my registry?is formating will solved the problem?badly needed your inputs masters

Hey guys, I just read your comments here about your DSL plan with PLDT. I was once a victim of PLDT although I am still having problems, at least PLDT was able to give me a decent speed lately (except for a few disconnections due to the problem that they have this fiber break lately the isolated the vismin area and it's still not fully restored).

Anyway, here are some tips to presure PLDT to provide you with the speed that you are paying for.

1.) call your agent or your area head supervisor who handles your account. Know the minimum speed you should be getting for that plan and know how far you are from the distribution of PLDT (the farther you are, the slower the speed you will be getting). Knowing the minimum speed will distinguish the plan that you applied for. Example. if you have a 3Mbps plan, you should be getting 70% of the 3Mbps and only if you are less than 2 kilometers from PLDT distribution point.

2.) Make a log sheet (e.g. on excel) every time you get disconnected and for how long you got disconnected. Monitoring software like hostmonitor will help you log your internet activity especially when you get disconnected.

3.) Every time you get disconnected, report it to 171 or 172.

4.) log the calls you made to 171 / 172 / 173. Make a log sheet (on excel preferably). Log the date, time, department you called (e.g. 171 + extension), name of the agent who answered the phone, ID number of the agent, the problem/concern why you made the call and if you want to log more details, you can a "remarks" column.

5.) give specific instructions to the agent of 171 / 172 / 173 not to close the ticket until somebody verified it if your connection is ok or not (you should insist that somebody should give you feedback before they close the ticket). You should be firm on every instructions you are giving to the agents.

6.) log the calls of the technicians or whoever from PLDT who called you or whenever you receive calls from PLDT.  Log the calls the same way you log the calls you are making to 171 or 172 or 173. Get the technician's name, ID, time and date of call.

7.) Wait at most 48 hours. If nobody has called you from PLDT to give you feedback, call the 171 or 172 or 173 again to check the status of your ticket. If you're ticket has been close, ask for the ID of that technician who closed your ticket and file a complaint to the customer's service (via email) against that technicianor whoever closed the ticket without giving you feedback.

8.) apply for a rebate. This is a little bit tricky. Every subscriber is entitled for a rebate. call the 171 extension 53 when you apply for a rebate. Ask for a rebate to all your downtimes. A lot of times, the agents will tell you that YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED FOR A REBATE SINCE THE PROBLEM/TICKET IS/WAS NOT OPEN FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS and rebate should be given to tickets opened for more than 24 hours and that's their company policy. Take note, "company policy" is not part of what you signed for in the agreement form. That 24 hour policy for the rebate is not mentioned or disclosed on your contract. According to the NTC as I have verified it, subscribers are entitled for a rebate even if the downtime was only for an hour and it should be "prorated". You should insist your right for a rebate.

9.) ask for a detailed copy of how they compute your rebate. This time, your record keeping will come in handy. You should check against your record which downtime they applied for a rebate. Most of the time, they don't include a lot of downtime on your rebate and you should insist that they should include it. That's why, you should keep a detailed log of your call to 171, 172 or 173 so you have records and PLDT can't fool you.

If you are not getting what you paid for, try to write a complaint to the DTI and NTC. Hope that this tip will help.

You should exercise your right as a customer/consumer. You should get what you are paying for. Don't let PLDT rip you off.

Me too.I changed my ISP from smartbro to pldt my dsl.one of my pc cannot renew its ipconfig.help me all the gurus out there.is it in my registry?is formating will solved the problem?badly needed your inputs masters

i think you cannot forcefully change your ip address even if it's dynamic. I am not sure how long is the lease time of the IP address to a particular MAC address. Usually, the default lease time is 1 week.

• CA3LE locked this topic