Hello - new here

Sprig

Hi - found your site on a search for testing my dl and upld speeds.  After 10 years on verrrry slow dialup, last month signed up with Wildblue.  We live in a rural area - limited to what's available.  WB is definitely much faster than dialup, but still feel that it's not quite performing as I thought it would.  So thought I would check around to see if that's normal or I need to contact WB. 

This looks to be a very interesting and informative forum. Will probably take me lots of time to research it.

Thanks for the Welcome!

Sprig

:azn:  :cheesy:  :cool:Hey Everyone, I am a newbie here too, and wanted to drop in and say Hi and introduce my self. I got to this site from work, and I love all the cool things I am seeing so far. I think the owner is correct in saying that we may all just be here until the day we die, and I do hope to get some damn fun out of it too. Keep up the good work everyone and I will be around more when I have time. Your friend the LizardLady    :wink2::cool2:[glow=red,2,300][/glow]

:wink:  :cool: Thanks everyone for making me feel so at home here! I used to have lizards two iguanas named Frankie and Louie after the Budwiser guys, they were real cool, but Louie fell off his perch and dilocated his shoulder, had the vet reset it, but once Frankie found out he was injured she wouldn't let him eat and he passed away. I got them for my son, who lost interest, and I didn't know alot about them, but sorry to say, I lost Frankie later that same year, to the cold winter. I didn't know she didn't have enough heat for her food.  :cry::sad: She had gotten up to about a foot long, (body only less tail) from when I purchased them at 3 weeks old and about 4 inches. I miss my guys, but I am now working to much and wouldn't be able to take care of them anyway. Oh well, such is life.

i have a 55' (snout to tail) little girl...free roaming (in the house only)...her main roost is the main bathroom which is kept at a gradient 80-96 degrees...once a day i fill the tub and she goes swimming...or she showers with me...she loves the "rain"...she's 12 years old...i too had one tough spell with her when she began her free roaming...she had a sunning spot but it didn't keep her warm enough (i found out later...hence the bathroom set up) so she got these sores in her throat and wasn't eating right...and it depleated her calcium stores...so she got egg bound...came close to death...but 1000 dollar vet bill and oxatocin (yep same one they use for people to strengthen contractions) to expel the eggs (like 5 dozen +) and she was good as new...'cept she was mad at me for a long time...loooong time cuza all those shots...but she's my sweetie again...loves everyone...

edit: i just did the math...she's 13 this year

man, you take good care of your lizard don't you, can i be your lizard?  :haha:  :smitten:

yeh i love her...but they're alot of work...not a pet for kids definately...i put huge quantities of veggies in the food processor and chunk them up and freeze them (then u have to add b1 to them)...and then u gotta know which ones...some r poison to them alot of root veggies contain cynide compounds that we humans have gotten used to but an iguana would never dig for roots...

:smitten: yeh i love her she worth the work

one of these days i'll post up a pic...i think i have one from a few years ago in my photobucket...it's of me and hera and she's on my shoulder...when i get a minute this weekend i'll look

welcome to both of you...

sprig...there is a wildblue area...where some of those subscribers that have already had and solved the same probs that your having or may have can maybe help you...

http://www.testmy.net/b-78

Thank you for the welcome, tdawnaz, and also for the link to Wildblue issues.  Looks like I have a lot of reading to do!

Have a great weekend.

Sprig

• 5 weeks later...