xbox 360 on monitor or tv

solidsnake

i am planning to get a xbox 360.

i have a 30 inch flat SDTV .

my pc monitor is 20 inch LCD analog input.

both are samsung (this is irrelevant im guessing)

comparing 30 and 20 inch size doesnt matter to me . please suggest where should i play xbox 360 on for the best experiences. any pros and cons will be appreciated . the more technical help the better. thx guys

mainly im wondering where i will see more stunning graphics.

:undecided: :undecided: :undecided:

The LCD will look better but your going to need external speakers. You will also need to purchase the extra cable for it. and if you are using that monitor for your computer monitor your not going to be able to have both on at the same time.

For connivence I would go for it on the TV.

The LCD will look better but your going to need external speakers. You will also need to purchase the extra cable for it. and if you are using that monitor for your computer monitor your not going to be able to have both on at the same time.

For connivence I would go for it on the TV.

hey so tell me . what if you put convinience out of the way . completely.  whats better now  . lcd or tv?

Yes it will be very good compared to an SDTV and even compared to some HD tv's it will be just as good if not better than some

No it wont look better then HD tv's. just because the res. of the LCD he has is higher then a 720P tv doesn't mean it will be better. The xbox is going to work at 720P on it, and Since the screen is only 20in and will not run a the LCD's native res. the image wont look much better then good quality standard def. The image wont be sharp as it would be in the LCD has a native res of 720p  so it will look somewhat blurry cuz the image will be stretched. 

No it wont look better then HD tv's. just because the res. of the LCD he has is higher then a 720P tv doesn't mean it will be better. The xbox is going to work at 720P on it, and Since the screen is only 20in and will not run a the LCD's native res. the image wont look much better then good quality standard def. The image wont be sharp as it would be in the LCD has a native res of 720p  so it will look somewhat blurry cuz the image will be stretched. 

so would there will be some tuner which takes the HDMI output of xbox then converts it into analog to go into my LCD ?????? are such devices made.

I play on a LCD all the time and it looks great so maybe you have seen it on a bad monitor.  I tried it on a CRT also and it looked really good and better than alot of HDTV's that I have seen.  Both the LCD and CRT were samsung

I play on a LCD all the time and it looks great so maybe you have seen it on a bad monitor.  I tried it on a CRT also and it looked really good and better than alot of HDTV's that I have seen.  Both the LCD and CRT were samsung

A CRT will always look fine because there is no native res.

What's the res. of the LCD monitor?

I don't know the max resolution on it but it was set at 1280 x 1024 and it wasn't widescreen. 

That would be why because 720P isn't far off from that. You wont notice it. His monitor is at 1680x1050, thats really far off from 720P so the monitor is going to stretch it a lot.

I would use your monitor. If you do decide on the monitor you will need to purchase a VGA cable. The official MS one is around $40. Mad Catz one is $25. Here is a thing though, why not get a PS3? I own both a X360 and PS3. I always loved my X360 more and always said PS3 is crap. I now love my PS3 more. Online is free and NOT laggy, FREE themes designed anyway you want them. MS limits you and charges $3 a theme. PS3 is better IMO, but it's your choice. Good luck!

360 on the lcd for sure. I'm hooked up to a high def rear projection and get a great picture. Although I would choose to purchase the PS3 if cash was available. Blue Ray dvd players are more than the console is anyhow. That way I'd have boh.

i hooked up my PS3 to my 22inch LCD monitor and the picture is just amazing. The PS3 set the maximum setting to 1080p. i know the monitor max resolution is 1680x1050. and i know the picture is going to stretch a little but i cannot tell. the picture is much better then my 52 inch rear projection that is 1080i. I wont have it hooked up to long because its a pain to disconnect it and plug it back into my PC.