Motorola Canopy JTAG port / test pads

raisdfist

Hi Everyone, I have been playing with this canopy equipment for a good while ( I am an installer for a local WISP and I am an IT Tech ). I am currently working on a project and I have been trying to access the MAXII and the CycloneII chip to dump the firmware on them so that I can compare the differences between an AP and a SM ( I know of a WISP that does mod their SM into AP as they cost a lot less and is the exact same hardware, but they dont want to say how they do it ;)) I know that the actual software for both units is exactly the same as I was able to get the boot.image from both an AP and a SM and they are both Identical. I would like to know if someone here is aware of which pads are to be used for the JTAG port or if someone does have a Schematic of a canopy unit (900 MHz would be the best as this is the equipment I am working with, but I guess the same would apply to the 2.4 and 5.8GHz). I know that those chips can be both read and written from a software that Altera is supplying. If someone would have some good Technical info to share on this topic it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks anyways, but I found out where the pads are, all I need now is to build myself a ByteBlaster cable. Would by any chance someone know if a regular Bufferred JTAG would  be good to read the chip or if I absolutely need a Byteblaster cable to access the MAXII ?

Thanks, hope someone can help :)

There are a few other choices on ebay. This is a little more expensive but it is a USB-Blaster (Supported by Quartus II) that supports 1.8v.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Altera-USB-FPGA-CPLD-Downloader-USB-Blaster-compatible_W0QQitemZ110256709373QQiHz001QQcategoryZ4663QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD3VQQcmdZViewItem

Manufacturers specifications:

http://www.minford.ca/html/mf162.html

I guess this cable could work, with minor modifications as this is not a test board but a unit build by moto, therefore there is no 10 pin connector as this cable uses, I do believe at this point that we only need to work with 4 points (TDI, TCM, TMS, TDO) which are on the pic I made and sent you, I found a tutorial to build a byteblaster cable for about 15$, The hardest part to get is the 74LS244 Octal Buffer, I will have to check online if I can find one somehwere

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm interested in this Because if we succeed in converting SM to AP's there are lots of SM out there and even converting lite to advantage ones.

I think their board are all the same so if we could just built a flasher like in the cellphones shop we can modify one i think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, Here is what I think the correct pinout for jtagging the board, someone correct me if I am wrong, I did not get my cable as the WISP I was working for has been bought by Xplorenet and they only use contractors around here :/ but I Still have an SM and AP that I can use to play with, so If I see interest I might start back on this project :)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2 years ago one man write me a letter in which he said that can upgrade canopy SM to AP, I have send him ESN of SM and he send me a link.

It worked!!!! Later I lose my contact with this man(((

Can you say something about it?

It's a links how to make AP from SM and back to SM!!!

I don't know how it works(((

to AP:

http://169.254.1.1/himom.cgi?FeatureKey=89843A1C2C8B20&himom.cgi?FeatureKey2=C79D203D07290000

to SM:

http://169.254.1.1/himom.cgi?himom.cgi?FeatureKey=390FE5A110D40000&himom.cgi?FeatureKey2=C79D203D07290000

Can anybody helps me how to make it?

ESN on which keys are generated I can write here later!

• 2 weeks later...