hey guys...computer sold 'as is' now he wants a refund...

rhapsodyfan

hey everyone got a question for ya.

i just sold a computer to a guy who wanted to play world of warcraft on. i havent played the game but my brother in law plays it all the time on his 5 year old machine. anyways this guy keeps calling saying he wants me to return his money cause the computer i sold him wont play the game says it keeps freezing up on him. here are the specs of the computer i sold him..

AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core 4000+

2 gigs of DDR2 Dual Channel Of Ram

Nvidia Gforce 6100SE Graphics card

18X DVD+RW Dual layer Burner.

bought the computer brand new in december of 2007 so its 5 months old.  this guy keeps calling and is now hurrassing my wife telling her we are a bunch of crooks and how can we live with ourselves. i sold it as is and listed the specs of the computer for him to see, its even on the computer case. any help would be great.  thank you

mike

edit...title

thanks for the reply

he knew what the specs were before he bought it and he said he and his wife and kid all play it so i assume he has more than one computer playing it. by the way my brother in laws computer is a gateway that has the same graphics card and only 1 gig of ram and is 5 and half years old. so  was i in the wrong here?

What monitor is he using. He can try lowing the resolution on the monitor, less strain on the video card. Also check to make sure the video card is not overheating, He may have to clean out the vents. The card is not overclock, that too can cause it to freeze.

bought the computer brand new in december of 2007 so its 5 months old.  this guy keeps calling and is now hurrassing my wife telling her we are a bunch of crooks and how can we live with ourselves. i sold it as is and listed the specs of the computer for him to see, its even on the computer case. any help would be great.  thank you

After that I would tell him to go fuck him self, it was sold as is, you know what you where getting when you bought it, and it works as its suppose too, a 6100 is not a good card for playing games.

If you don't want to go that route, tell him to lower the resolution and the details of the game, he probably has it too high for the card as again the 6100 is not that great of card for gaming. Also tell him to update the drives for the card if they aren't the newest.

Tell him to stop calling. After you receive one of his calls, dial *57 (STAR-5-7), Your phone provider will then receive this information. After 3 *57 traces, the police will be dispatched to the caller and either a ticket for harassment will be issued or a warning leading to a ticket will be issued. I would let them pick.

If you explain it to him that it was as is then tell him to fuck off

thats when i sell anything electronical i write a note

________ is being sold to ________ for $ ____ in the form of "as is" with no refunds or exchanges available and no warranties as to the condition of the item

I Sign my name

he signs his

make two copies and there you go

your not liable for anything

May seem like a hassle but it takes 2 minutes to type it up and print 2 copies

Then it only takes 10 secs for both to sign the copies

this is esp. importand if selling a used car

You need more info before diagnosis.  Saying it "freezes" is of little help. 

1 How long of a freeze and how often does it happen?

2 Does the game crash to desktop or restart the computer, error messages?

3 What is your internet connection and ping?

4 Are other programs running in the backround?

5 What is your framerate?

Some how you need to isolate the problem to hardware: cpu, videocard, internet, or software: drivers

Good note for the future Dark06.