dlewis23

Would you by a Mac now?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you by a Mac now?

• Yes
    • No
    • I already own one
    • Considering getting one

I knew you'd be able to prove me wrong. So are you useing a different program to be able to run windows applications? If so, then is there any preformence draw backs? When i would use linux ubuntu i would have to use"wine emulator" to use a windows applications. and i felt like it was much slower then running it on a windows.

I still find it odd that microsoft is allowing a competitive operating system, that can run a microsoft product. dlewis23 did you download windows media player from Microsoft.com?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew you'd be able to prove me wrong. So are you useing a different program to be able to run windows applications? If so, then is there any preformence draw backs? When i would use linux ubuntu i would have to use"wine emulator" to use a windows applications. and i felt like it was much slower then running it on a windows.

That is what i was wondering. ^^^^

I still find it odd that microsoft is allowing a competitive operating system, that can run a microsoft product. dlewis23 did you download windows media player from Microsoft.com?

Right now I'm using parallels running windows XP, There really aren't any performance drawl backs because it uses virtualization not emulation so it can take full advantage of your processor. Where this of VM ware fusion lack in performance is on gaming, There really isn't a way to emulate a 3D card but they are getting better. If you want to play windows games you could use either bootcamp, crossover and it will give you full performance of the graphics card.

Ok Please xplain to me

Why on earth I would Pay a whole lot more money to Run WMP and " Everything else"

and only use a mac for Surfing cause its "Secure"

For that shit I will stick with a dual boot linux and windows

also with windows you get options

Free ones and paid for

but if u can imagine it or a have problem Chances are someone wrote a program 4 it

Mostly for windows

And Itunes Sucks

If mac's were not so expensive I would love to have one. Still do not understand why steve will not jump in and give windows a run for the money. I know macs are running pentium chips now. At least I think thats right. ?? I know a a couple of people at one time figured out how to put the mac os on the windows pc.

Excuse me, but does that Mac come with fries? :shocked:

And the shake.  :haha:

One more thing, i have had literally dozens of machines at my fingertips, and to be honest, that there people is one main reason I purchased my latest, the feel of quality is un matched.

One more thing, i have had literally dozens of machines at my fingertips, and to be honest, that there people is one main reason I purchased my latest, the feel of quality is un matched.

Thats one thing I always forget to mention. There people go above and beyond every time. If you need help with something they will help you. Thats why there support is rated #1. You can actually under stand the people when you call. If you have a apple store near by you can take there to the genius bar free of charge and they will take care of the issue right there for you. If the parts are in  stock they will even do hardware repairs there for you. And they are not geek squad, they will do top quality work.

Id like to buy one but there are very few games developed for macs..  :icon_pale:

Too few gaming companies make games for macs,,

But Macs are way cooler than windows no doubt about it hands down...

Thats what crossover and bootcamp are for.  :grin: Just boot into windows to play the game, boot back out when done.

With crossover you can play many games with out even leaving OS X.

More developers are starting to get on board with making games for macs, now that they are intel they can use a program called cider which makes them mac compatible.

And one more thing people at home (family) will get mad at me if i dump the windows pc in favor of the mac since they dont know how to use MAC OS lol :2funny: :2funny: :buck2:

I think ill settle for a macbook. not the desktop one (and gotta work real hard for one,) :grin:

You gotta admit it. many people doest want "change" even if its for the better.. :haha:

Last Apple product I bought was an Apple IIe and I swore I would never buy anything Apple again.

So far I have kept that promise.

You actually bought a Apple IIe  :haha: damn thats going way back, before the GUI. They are very different now from those days. Well hell everything is... :haha:

You really shouldn't talk about price because they really don't cost more.

If you do a apples to apples comparison you will see that they are in fact cheaper most of the time.

Take the iMac for example, compare it too the gateway one and dell xps one. The iMac has a much faster processor bigger screen looks a hell of a lot better doesn't come with a whole bunch of crap on it, and costs less.

Lets go for raw power. Put the mac pro up against any other comparable desktop and the mac pro is far cheaper. To get something close from dell you have to go for there performance workstation desktop to get the dual processors, and matching the processors speed too the mac pro, and going for 2GB of ram you will drop close to $4000. its $2800 from apple, and you get the best looking and functioning case you can buy.

If you where to try and build a computer your self that was close you would spend around $710 per processor, and anywhere from around $400 - $700 for a motherboard, then you gotta find a case the motherboard can fit into, and can cool dual quad core processors. for just the 2 processors and motherboard your looking at $1800 - $2100 depending on what motherboard you get.

no on pricec alone

"  Apple 2.4 GHz White MacBook

This MacBook is perfectly designed for your mobile lifestyle, with a range of innovative features, including a powerful Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 160 GB Hard Drive, 2 GB Memory & built-in iSight Video Camera.   

Price inc. VAT