• Yes
    • No
    • I already own one
    • Considering getting one

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still doesn't make want to buy it! Its just too goddy to look at. Evey time I do I think im looking at some Pixar movie. 1 button mouse FTL imo. I cant change its parts in case something goes bad. Any thing I want to add is some external component. Only comes in 1 color. There supposedly I-Phone does everything else except talk to others, and stuck on one crappy cell provider at that.

I swear I cant talk to any mac user with out them yapping away about how good there mac is. And they all say the same thing "it just works". Tell that to the woman who's house almost got burned down when her laptop battery exploded on fire. Im not ranting, im just saying there is no Perfect Brand. If there was a Perfect Brand or Item, there would be no Tech Support for that product. Saying "It just works" is just like saying this Product or Brand is Perfect right? Things that are perfect should not break or be damaged in any way. Im not saying Windows is perfect or any other brand or product. I just cant stand things that are being pushed as a Perfect Product.

One thing one has to wonder is "Move to Mac its better than windows."  :undecided: " And you can even put windows on it."    :laughing7:

I do understand, but it's fun too.  :wink:

Like talk to a harley rider about rice grinders. (no not gonna go there. I like my smile )  :grin2:

Each to their own really.

Still doesn't make want to buy it! Its just too goddy to look at. Evey time I do I think im looking at some Pixar movie. 1 button mouse FTL imo. I cant change its parts in case something goes bad. Any thing I want to add is some external component. Only comes in 1 color. There supposedly I-Phone does everything else except talk to others, and stuck on one crappy cell provider at that.

Don't even dare bring up that 1 mouse button argument. That is the worst point that everyone brings up. I'm so sick of hearing that, Is it the only thing a dedicated windows user can come up with? All mac desktops have a 2 button mouse. And when you right click on the desktop it does the same thing it does on a linux OS, or windows, it has forever.

Notebooks are a little different, they may only have 1 physical button, but what everyone fails to realize is that the trackpad is multitouch. So to right click, all you do is tap the pad with 2 fingers and does a right click. Its better then having 2 physical buttons.

Go here to see all the multitouch features of the trackpad http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/features.html

Wow out of all the other things I said, he gets pushy over the one mouse button. Only good things I see for a Mac is Movies and Graphics. But then again I can do the same on my PC. So to R-Click on this touch pad I have to use 2 fingers instead of 1! So is apple paying you nice for promoting there products?

Wow out of all the other things I said, he gets pushy over the one mouse button. Only good things I see for a Mac is Movies and Graphics. But then again I can do the same on my PC. So to R-Click on this touch pad I have to use 2 fingers instead of 1! So is apple paying you nice for promoting there products?

:2funny: Sorry, but did you go see the link dlewis posted?  Goto a local mac cafe' and play w/ one, you'll most likely be dreaming about it until you just go get one.

I did go to this Mac cafe and they was too goddy to even look at. I didn't see what the big woo about this things was. It did everything my PC does at home. So yea don't see me moving or dreaming bout Mac's. Why are Mac users do defensive about there Mac's ? its just a machine,  only thing we PC users get on each other about is mostly hardware.

And about that link did you even go to the one I posted earlier?

Why are Mac users do defensive about there Mac's ? its just a machine,  only thing we PC users get on each other about is mostly hardware.

Why is it that windows users get all "oh macs suck" "you can't do anything on a mac" "they are too expensive" "pc's can do more" "you can't game on a mac" "oh they only have one mouse button" and on and on and on.  when ever we try and say anything good about them?

The sad thing is PC users can hardly ever bring up a valid argument.

Here is one of my arguments as too why PC's suck. Installing and removing software is a pain in the ass.

And I use a windows box on a daily basis.

Yeah but that's the same with almost all 3rd party software, on ANY platform.  The fact of the matter is, both are fairly good in their own ways, and they are different.  If Apple would open their OS to all platforms, not just MAC hardware, they would likely gain a significant market share....

Something being too expensive IS a valid arguement. However, you could buy a Mac Mini very cheap, and it would be quite useful if you're not a gamer, or a graphics person.  MacBook's are also quite competitive for the hardware spec's.  I have a MacBook Pro that I got from my job.  It is well designed, and "feels" much better than a regular ole Dell or HP laptop.

My only other gripe with MAC is OS downgrades.  We havn't approved Leopard yet @ ECU, and we cannot downgrade new MACs to Tiger.

From a system administration standpoint, MACs are nowhere near as cost effective as a PC network, especially if you're talking 200+ machines.  I have to deal with give or take 500 computers in our building, and if half of them were MACs, I'd have shot myself long ago.....

If Apple would open their OS to all platforms, not just MAC hardware, they would likely gain a significant market share....

Thats never going to happen again. They tried it once, and as soon as steve came back he put a stop too that right away.

Opening it up creates a whole mess of problems. Few remember that Mac OS 9, 8, and 7, where really bad because 7 was open and 8, an 9 where based on 7, they all had the same problems that windows has today with viruses, spyware and all the other crap. Keeping it closed has helped keep it secure & super stable. Since the number of hardware combos is so limited they can develop for those specific peaces of hardware, and thats why everything is so seamless.

If apple did for some reason open it up, they would gain massive market share over night because dell would drop windows right away.

How come you can't downgrade to tiger?

Here is one of my arguments as too why PC's suck. Installing and removing software is a pain in the ass.

That sounds more of a User Error! No problems uninstalling anything, registry's and all.

And why do PC users talk about Mac's so much? Cause its to easy to get Mac users all flustered over it. And Mac users will defend it to the fullest they can. And the PC users really don't care and just laugh at it. Dude Mac Vs. PC is an Endless argument till one or the other completely dies. Just ignore it when someone says Mac sucks or anything. Cause then you would just be feeding the argument. PC users will say less and you would be wasting time saying more on it.

The only thing I've ever got out of a Mac user is they think there on a pedestal above everyone! Quite snobbish actually! :wink:

Yea that happens a lot from what I have seen. And they act like mac's are a new way of life or something.

How come you can't downgrade to tiger?

Because when I do, I get an error that says OSX 10.4 cannot be installed on this computer.  This is with our campus version, not one of the disks that comes in the box, so it can be installed on any machine that meets the requirements.  This is also on a new IMAC, and I've also tried it on a new Mac Mini.  Downgrading on a MAC that came with 10.4 originally wouldn't be a problem, but on a machine that came with Leopard, it seems I cannot.

Because when I do, I get an error that says OSX 10.4 cannot be installed on this computer.  This is with our campus version, not one of the disks that comes in the box, so it can be installed on any machine that meets the requirements.  This is also on a new IMAC, and I've also tried it on a new Mac Mini.  Downgrading on a MAC that came with 10.4 originally wouldn't be a problem, but on a machine that came with Leopard, it seems I cannot.

It isn't a powerpc version is it?

If not I know why it does it. Some build's had things that where specific for a specific machine, or group of machines. I have a link to the fix somewhere, ill see if I can find it.

You really shouldn't talk about price because they really don't cost more.

If you do a apples to apples comparison you will see that they are in fact cheaper most of the time.

Take the iMac for example, compare it too the gateway one and dell xps one. The iMac has a much faster processor bigger screen looks a hell of a lot better doesn't come with a whole bunch of crap on it, and costs less.

Lets go for raw power. Put the mac pro up against any other comparable desktop and the mac pro is far cheaper. To get something close from dell you have to go for there performance workstation desktop to get the dual processors, and matching the processors speed too the mac pro, and going for 2GB of ram you will drop close to $4000. its $2800 from apple, and you get the best looking and functioning case you can buy.

If you where to try and build a computer your self that was close you would spend around $710 per processor, and anywhere from around $400 - $700 for a motherboard, then you gotta find a case the motherboard can fit into, and can cool dual quad core processors. for just the 2 processors and motherboard your looking at $1800 - $2100 depending on what motherboard you get.

I paid $310 from newegg.

Dualcore 2.2ghz

2gb's of ram

160gb hdd

ati x1650

evga mobo

No problems and runs like a champ. So no, I dont think im going to be paying over a grand for a computer, so simple to build them.

Open the damn system up and then will talk

i hate a close system

until then I will look at windows and linux

closed systems are much better, opening thing up causes problems. Espically on something that is used as much as a OS is.

EDIT: Even if they did open it up you wouldn't able to use it because you can't get a motherboard with a EFI

You can kinda eumlate it, but thats just a drag because you have to keep a CD in every time you boot.

If apple did for some reason open it up, they would gain massive market share over night because dell would drop windows right away.

Somehow I just can't see Dell dropping Windows in favor of an OS very few people are familiar with. "Dude, your getting an apple!" just doen't have the same ring to it, either.  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:

Somehow I just can't see Dell dropping Windows in favor of an OS very few people are familiar with. "Dude, your getting an apple!" just doen't have the same ring to it, either.  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:

Dell has already said they would make the move. Dell doesn't really like Microsoft, And they are pushing linux pretty hard because they don't like Microsoft. The only problem would be if Dell and MS have some kind of contract that says they have to sell windows on there primary PC's for X # of years.