14MEG speeds on 6MEG account.. New Modem=Solutions

Guest axelrose

Guest axelrose

:2funny::cheesy::angel:share2-M8FLDVT2H  :haha: :haha:

This is ALL the result of a new modem. Motorola SB5120 version.

If you've tried everything to increase your speed then perhaps you should switch out your modem :police:?, it couldn't hurt could it :angel:?

Guest axelrose

Thats powerboost. You don't "really" have that speed it only goes for that fast for the first few MB, then will slow down too the 6mb.

It's got to be something because before this new modem I was getting download speeds averaging 4meg from TestMy's speed test.

Perhaps I truly only gained 2meg in the end, but this connections ROCKS :angel: now...before the new modem it sucked bad even late night/early morning times.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks man I went ahead and took my modem to roadrunner and told them to swap it out because it was going slow ( its the same modem they just gave me a new one ) and this one is running perfectly i got all my fast browsing and fast downloading back if you had seen me post like a month ago I was complaining about my net and I had even brought technicians out here to see if they can fix it but all they did was fix wiring but thanks to you this modem fixed everything :D thanks homes