Need a 8 Monitor Solution

dlewis23

I have a project for work. I'm trying to figure out a solution too a problem.

The problem: We need to have video playing on 8 separate monitors, and the video has to be different on each monitor. And when you turn it on, it has to start playing, so a computer just wont work.

It also needs to be able to play 1080p video, 720p would be ok, but we really want 1080p for clarity. Since they are going to be 24" monitors.

I'm just about all out of ideas for getting this too work. does anyone have any ideas?

a computer would work you can set a file to be opened when windows starts

we did it on my computer teachers computer during parent night when she turned her computer a hammer time video started to play

While that is true, we're talking 8 monitors, with 8 different videos, running in High Def.

a computer would work you can set a file to be opened when windows starts

we did it on my computer teachers computer during parent night when she turned her computer a hammer time video started to play

Yes but you can't set them to open on a specific display when the computer starts.

maybe a stupid thing to do but should definitely work.....windows allows you to set up a web item for each desktop/monitor you have....(display properties-customize desktop-web tab...).....you can put a different web item on every monitor/desktop I believe....just embed a video in a webpage or something similar, set it up to loop infinitely (html, etc..) and you are set....and it would play every time the computer loads up as well

wow dlewis has a problem

and just when i thought i seen it all

Yeah the second time I think I ever seen it.  :wink:

Come on guys. we all knew it was going too happen eventually.  :haha:

maybe a stupid thing to do but should definitely work.....windows allows you to set up a web item for each desktop/monitor you have....(display properties-customize desktop-web tab...).....you can put a different web item on every monitor/desktop I believe....just embed a video in a webpage or something similar, set it up to loop infinitely (html, etc..) and you are set....and it would play every time the computer loads up as well

That wont work because, you would never be able to take it full screen on its own, and you would never get the quality, streaming over a web player.

heres my idea. it my not work for what you want, but there hasn't been very many ideas yet.

my idea is to just hook a hddvd player to each monitor. insert a dvd that has the videos. most dvd players will start playing right away. and you should be able to set it to each one to loop.

this may not be the best idea but it may be a starting point for another idea.

New idea, use Windows Media Player and set the video to repeat and play it in full screen.

Can't set it to go too full screen on its own, when the app is launched from startup, and can't run more then one instance of it self. And can't set each of them on a different display.

I can get quick time to open on more then one instance of it self. But I can't get it too go to full screen on its own, and have each one open up on a different display.

JH2688 ive thought out the HD-DVD idea, that was my first, But they won't repeat, and its getting kinda of hard to find a HD-dvd burner, that is still in stock.

I was thinking of just have 8 apple tv's and just program our remote too pull up the file through the menu when its turned on, But they wont repeat with out going to the menu.

I just used hddvd as a general term. blu-ray would be a better option since there more available.  but you still would need a player that would repeat it.

Thats basically where i'm at, its going to most likely be 8 blu-ray players. Now I just need to find one that will repeat with out going to a menu.

What if you could find a program that would make the videos into a screensaver? Set the screensaver to the lowest time to activate, turn on the computer and voila.

A screen saver wont work. You would never get the quality. And you wont be able to set a specific one for each monitor.