What do you think of Firefox 3?

dlewis23

So now that its official. what do you think about it? Do you like it so far?

I'm pretty happy with it so far. Its a 100 times better then FF2, the low memory usage alone makes it totally worth it. They finally got the rendering part down. Things display correctly now with out doing a crap ton of CSS fixes & workarounds. CSS 3 support is really nice, Now I can actually start to use it  :grin: And I really like the interface.

The biggest improvement for is, they finally have universal buttons, no more of those ugly flat gray buttons on web pages. Now I don't have to make my own.  :angel:

Overall I really like it, and its a great improvement over FF2. Flash is still a bit sluggish, wish they would fix that, but not a huge deal.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Better then I.E.

2. Free

3. Better then I.E.

4  Lots of Add-on's

5. Still Better then I.E.

6. Instant Web I.D.

7. Anti-Malware

8. Will be Better then I.E. 8

9. Anti-Phishing

10. Wow I.E. is loosing badly

11. Better Password Manager !!!

12. Session Restore

13. WTH is I.E ???

14. Spell Checking

15. I.E. is a Myth

16. Universal Customization

17. WAT ?

18. Improved Text Rendering

19. Micro$oft has a browser ?

20. Just go look at the Features :http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/

OMG I think I just had an Orgasm

I can't use it because it won't work with some important sites I use at work. And besides, it's Firefox. I have no use for it anyway.  :evil6:

God my brother

you do not know what the internet is until u surf with FF

or atlest stop using IE

8. Will be Better then I.E. 8

I wouldn't be going that far right now. IE 8 scores higher in the acid 3 test then firefox. Which is a truly amazing thing. IE 8 will also be fully standards compliant.

If mozilla should have made the browser pass the acid 3 test. Webkit (aka. Safari) is the only browser to score a 100/100 on the acid 3 test. And I find it sad that no one else has made a browser that can pass it.

I wouldn't be going that far right now. IE 8 scores higher in the acid 3 test then firefox. Which is a truly amazing thing. IE 8 will also be fully standards compliant.

If mozilla should have made the browser pass the acid 3 test. Webkit (aka. Safari) is the only browser to score a 100/100 on the acid 3 test. And I find it sad that no one else has made a browser that can pass it.

FF3.5 I say

FF3.5 I say

Well they will have to. But if not, IE 8 will spank them all over the place. Even Apple got in on big on the FF2 problems, and the crap IE 7, there market share jumped to around 7% in just a few months. It will be very interesting too see if that drops off some now with FF3 being just as good as safari 3.1

Any website that doesn't work in FF, doesn't deserve to be on the internet.

Hmmm. I'll pass that info on to Ford, Jaguar and Land Rover. It's their sites that can't be accessed properly with Firefox.

And my speed tests on THIS site were always way slower with FF than with IE6. That was the first reason I stopped using it. Well, that and the childish cartoon looking toolbar icons.  :haha:

Hmmm. I'll pass that info on to Ford, Jaguar and Land Rover. It's their sites that can't be accessed properly with Firefox.

And my speed tests on THIS site were always way slower with FF than with IE6. That was the first reason I stopped using it. Well, that and the childish cartoon looking toolbar icons.  :haha:

What are you talking, about ford.com works perfect in FF for me.

Sounds like a bunch of chevy/FF lovers to me.  :knuppel2:

I for the same reasons as philp refuse to have in on my computer, I still run IE6 on the old one, and IE7 so far on the new one. And they run sweet and smooth.  :smitten:

So your an IE6 user, well will you please stop using it  :knuppel2: Its getting old having to make a web site work in it. Since all the browsers work different you have to make a site 4 times now.  :tickedoff: