What do you think of Firefox 3?

dlewis23

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just starting out on firefox. I have used maxthon for the past couple years and i was really impressed with it. but i thought i better switch because there are a lot of websites require firefox. I'm starting to like firefox, but i still cannot stand how it loads the page. but after a while ill get use to it.

Yea but it gives me a head ache.

I would MS would force upgrades to 7.

LMAO, it did try real hard for a while. Every update it would whine and try to install IE7 and WMV 11. I guess it got tired and almost quit finally quit with the messages. "would you like to update now?" And it was always  no still.

But yeah I am headed that way soon. At least I am not on one of the older IE's.  :evil6:

I am only on IE6 till I get off my lazy ass and switch the rest of my stuff to the new computer. The new one is Vista and IE7. So it won't be long.  :grin2:

I am really liking the low memory use with FF3..one of the most annoying things with FF2 was basically that..memory..always felt like every second it was eating up more and more and more.....even more then I eat myself :shock:

well thats hard to do  :haha:jk

What are you talking, about ford.com works perfect in FF for me.

I don't mean the part that's accessible to John Q. Public. I mean the business side. And, like tommie gorman, my speed tests at TMN were around 500 kbs SLOWER than IE6. Every time.

And I still like the functionality of IE over FF. For me, it is much easier to customize. With FF I could not get rid of the useless (to me) icons I didn't need and then make one toolbar across the top. The best I could do with FF was 2 stacked toolbars. People may not think that's a big deal, but we are talking preferences and one toolbar is my preference.  :smiley: Besides, why do they have to make the icons look like they stole them from AOL or a child's coloring book? FF is just an ugly browser, IMHO.

I don't mean the part that's accessible to John Q. Public. I mean the business side. And, like tommie gorman, my speed tests at TMN were around 500 kbs SLOWER than IE6. Every time.

And I still like the functionality of IE over FF. For me, it is much easier to customize. With FF I could not get rid of the useless (to me) icons I didn't need and then make one toolbar across the top. The best I could do with FF was 2 stacked toolbars. People may not think that's a big deal, but we are talking preferences and one toolbar is my preference.  :smiley: Besides, why do they have to make the icons look like they stole them from AOL or a child's coloring book? FF is just an ugly browser, IMHO.

To get rid of the Icons all you have to do was right click the toolbar and then left click on customize. That will open up a box and all you have to do was drag the icons you do not want into the box. To get rid of the Toolbar all you have to do was again right click on the toolbar and uncheck the toolbar you did not want. As for the way the icon look right now there is all most 300 different themes you can use in Firefox. They even have one that look like Vista aero.

To get rid of the Toolbar all you have to do was again right click on the toolbar and uncheck the toolbar you did not want. As for the way the icon look right now there is all most 300 different themes you can use in Firefox. They even have one that look like Vista aero.

I don't want to get rid of the toolbars, I want them all on one line. I can do that with IE but all I can do with FF is delete the address bar line. Not very helpful when you want to type in a URL.  :cheesy: See how my toolbars are all on the top line? I can't do that with FF.

As far as themes go, I use Windowblinds. They have over 530 pages to choose from with about 8 skins per page.

So did I! I am not sure what in the world happened there.  :shocked:

i installed firefox 3 on my laptop, bookmarks were fine & nothing lost. but on my desktop i lost all of them, but i was able import them back using this method, just locate the bookmarks.html file, inside your windows user profile folder.

C:Documents and SettingsKonataApplication DataMozillaFirefoxProfilesb8fvv704.default

plus i do bookmark backups once a month in case something goes wrong. :smiley:

Pretty cool setup there philp. I just use IE cause it faster speeds for me. And others say you can customize it. Well with IE it is fast with plug and play, no tinkering.

That's a skin I was using last year. I still have it but I use different ones from time to time. And yeah, I use IE6 because it's faster than FF for me and the compatibility thing and customization are nice too. Firefox simply will not work at my job.